Liberty Bound is the name of a video documentary.1 In that documentary, Christine Rose makes the following observations about Hitler:
- Not elected by a majority vote
- His legitimacy was disputed
- Many people considered him a simpleton
- His arrogance infuriated many foreign leaders and citizens of Germany
- He proclaimed the Reichstag fire was a terrorist act
- He proclaimed an all out war on terrorism
- The terrorists he identified as the Jews from the Middle East
- He passed legislation to fight terrorism and to fight Judaism
- The legislation took away constitutional rights of free speech, privacy, and habeas corpus
- The police could intercept mail and wiretap phones
- Those labeled as suspected terrorists could be held without charges and without access to attorneys
- Police could use warrantless sneak-and-peak tactics
- He rallied patriotism toward the "homeland"
- The flag was everywhere
- He said, "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland."
- He then created the secret police-the Gestapo
These points are why people refer to George W. Bush as Hitlerian.
All these tactics have been used by George W. Bush.