I mentioned global dimming in the work Supplement: There is No Such Thing as a Conservative-Republican Christian: Jesus is a small-c communist. Global dimming is the reduction of sunlight caused by particulate matter in the atmosphere. There are many sources of the matter. Forest fires, volcanoes, smoke stacks, and dust storms are but a few. Unfiltered emissions from internal combustion engines is another. This dimming cools the atmosphere. That cooling causes radical shifts in the air currents. This effect works at odds with to some degree and in conjunction with global warming to throw the weather patterns into greater pattern changes in shorter time spans.
One of the ways the US government has been attempting to mitigate the effects of global warming caused by the overuse of carbon-based fuels is by the scientific application of jet vapor trails or chemtrails as they are now called. The military has sent its jets crisscrossing the skies in the US to supplement the commercial jet haze and to layout a calculated artificial cloud-cover haze that reflects the heat of the sun back out to space so that that sunlight doesn't heat up the ground and atmosphere.
This may sound good, but such efforts have lead to increase drought and starvation in Africa primarily where the normally heated air used to cause more dependable monsoons. Millions of people died due to the particulate pollution of Russia, England, the US, and other industrial polluters.
Now that the cat is out of the bag, and more and more people are becoming aware of all these things, the US suggestion for reflecting sunlight back to space before it can heat the atmosphere may be evaluated on a more informed basis.
Reflecting sunlight is a stupid stopgap measure. What the US and other nations need to do is to have a crash cooperative effort to dramatically cut greenhouse gases and particulate pollution at the same time. All competition must be curtailed in this effort. Only completely cooperation will properly succeed.
In addition to greatly lessening the trend in global warming and eventually stabilizing it at a harmonious level, the move away from oil and coal, etc., would move the nations away from war over those resources.
The effort to clean the atmosphere would be needed practice in cooperation. It would also open the door to many things that have never been considered. People would be working on an unselfish basis. Jobs that never existed would be created in clean endeavors. The same mentality brought to bear in correcting the global warming and dimming problem could be brought to bear on the freshwater problem and all the other problems facing humanity.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)