The former Army General who led the Pentagon's first investigation into the abuses at Abu Ghraib has revealed that he was forced to retire, because his report was too critical of the US military. In his first interview since then, Major General Antonio Taguba told investigative journalist Seymour Hersh that former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld misled Congress about the Abu Ghraib investigation, minimizing how much he knew about the abuse and torture. Taguba also said the military has unpublished photographs and videos that show the abuse and torture was even worse than previously disclosed. Taguba said he saw a video of a male American soldier in uniform sodomizing a female detainee. Taguba said he was blocked from investigating who ordered the torture at Abu Ghraib. He said, "These M.P. troops were not that creative. Somebody was giving them guidance, but I was legally prevented from further investigation into higher authority. I was limited to a box."
So, Taguba was forced to retire, because he was too honest for the neocons running the Empire. Now, Taguba is saying that Rumsfeld misled Congress. What are they going to do? The whole world knows that the neocons sent out the signal to torture. It's unmistakable. Blocking Taguba from further investigating was mundanely illegal wasn't it? No one can hide illegalities behind the claim of national security or state secrets or methods and sources, etc., can they? If they can, they can cover up anything.
While they're looking into this, they could also look into what happened to the 3-plus trillion US dollars missing from the Pentagon budget on the neocons' watch.
Right now, the neocons use the darkest methods while telling the people that they (the neocons) are protecting them and protecting the higher standards in this world. Meanwhile, the power elite enjoy their private, special privileges and advantages at the direct expense of the poor and workers of the world.
It is all fake. The system is a phony. The bankers, international financiers, corporatists, and capitalist-globalists control the mainstream (for-cost) flow of information. They want to shut down the freer flow of information on the Internet. They already have capitalists as gatekeepers on the search engines and directories. Even the so-called open directories and wikis are financially backed by big, capitalist money that will pull the plug if those directories and wikis don't filter, control, and couch anti-imperialist information. They let through just enough to appease while maintaining control.
Does this sit well with you? Are you glad to be able to wink and nod that you know the perception management is being handled by the likes of Donald Rumsfeld? Are you a willing dupe? Are you just interested in staying on the so-called right side of the powers that be? If so, you're living selfishly and just for now, which according to Jesus is spiritually dead already. Can you wake up from out of the trance you're in? Can you shake off the spell you're under? Can you overcome? Will you turn, repent, and atone rather than continue heading down the wide path to hell? Will you help bring forth the kingdom of heaven on earth or will you remain selfish?
We aren't about punishing Donald Rumsfeld or any of the others. What we are about is getting the word out so that people will change their hearts and minds.
What happened at Abu Ghraib should tell everyone what the root of the US Military and Empire is. It's evil. The more militaristic and imperialistic, the greater the evil. The more peaceful and giving and sharing, the greater the righteousness.
The Holy Spirit outed what happened at Abu Ghraib. It did that so that Americans and the world would have a stark and unmistakable choice to make. Those who side with torture, how will they escape damnation? Those who abhor torture and do not partake and speak out against it in consistency, how will they not end up in heaven?
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)