Friday, July 14, 2006:
Trauma can be so corrupting that the effects continue on and on and on through no fault of the victim other than a combination of a lack of knowledge (the truth) and lack of emotional support (which is part of the truth, the righteous path).
Sensibilities can be so shocked that functioning that would otherwise be easy is a nightmare. The victim, being emotionally unprepared, feels unprotected and unloved. He or she discovers that the perpetrator(s) (human being or what have you) is false, faithless and treacherous, selfish, cannot be trusted not to do harm. The victim reaches for control. That control takes the form of shrinking within, lashing out at the perpetrator or other (guilty or innocent), becoming impervious (desensitized, including merciless, without lovingkindness), and also victimizing the self.
The persons nerves reflect the cause. Life is ruined to a degree or completely.
The cure is the removal of the threat while growing and magnifying within, reaching out, becoming increasingly compassionate and sympathetic, and also speaking and doing truth.
How does one face this? The nerves are shot. People have stimulated the symptoms.
The perpetrator is a victim always. The perpetrator must be forgiven within the same context that Jesus forgave his murders for their ignorance.
The victim must also be forgiven. Nervous people make others feel uncomfortable. Their sympathetic feelings are often misunderstood and handled incorrectly by others who are exposed to them, the severely traumatized. Victims must be excused from the imputations of guilt. This is a very important aspect in healing. Help them to overcome rather than shunning or ridiculing them.
This is a huge issue. The question is whether or not the truly innocent ever fall prey. Well, Jesus said only God the Father in heaven is good, meaning absolutely perfect or completely innocent. God hasn't and doesn't and won't fall prey. The question becomes one of whether or not the punishment fits the less than perfect spirit, the corruptible spirit.
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. (Luke 13:1-5).
The Galileans and those upon whom the tower in Siloam fell were sinners, less than perfect, but they weren't the worst in Galilee or Jerusalem at the time. Did they get what they deserved and should not be pardoned as victims or did evil prey upon them so that what befell them did not fit their relative sinning? Doesn't evil make innocent children pay for the crimes of their fathers?
Jesus was victimized. He perished. Did he deserve it?
We must comfort the brokenhearted, the victims, including the perpetrators until healing is universal. You need it. I need it. You need to give it. I need to give it. Together we magnify God. That's the way God is.
Thursday, August 17, 2006:
The nightmares, flashbacks, and hair-trigger irritability that characterize post-traumatic reactions usually fade with time, the study found, but in 9.1 percent of the veterans — roughly a quarter million — the symptoms became chronic and disabling.
15 percent of Americans deployed to Vietnam served in combat roles.
Look at that. Nearly two out of three who served in combat suffered chronic PTSD. That's huge. That's terrible. War is hell. Militarism is a disease. The armies, the military-industrial complex, these are inherent evils.
Consider the size and overreaching. The American Empire has around seven hundred forty official military bases in some one hundred thirty of the some one hundred ninety nation-states of the world. There are many, many bases that are kept secret and that are hybrids with the CIA and shadow organizations. The lines become very blurred, but the entities are all still serving the dark lord, the spirit of evil domination and spiritual death.
As for PTSD in the military, the Pentagon is removing more people from the military as having personality disorders rather than suffering from stress (PTSD). Well, anyone who joins the military certainly has a personality disorder, but that's not the point. The reason the Pentagon is booting people out using personality disorder as the reason is because then it doesn't have to give medical benefits or treatment, because it is a pre-existing condition. Not only that, but they are asking for signing bonuses back prorated for the early discharge, even the honorable discharges that are being granted.
With all the horror stories out there about the Pentagon, why are people still signing up? They are still signing up, because their prospects, they imagine, are lousy otherwise. They take the gamble.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)