Monday, November 06, 2006:
Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to hang. He wasn't allowed to present the evidence of the US culpability in his crimes. As we wrote when the trial was first announced, the US chose to try him for something where the subject of the US and others having supplied Saddam with all sorts of illegal substances and equipment and training would not be relevant to the case at hand in the eyes of the corrupt justice system the US established in Iraq to shield US duplicity and that of its neoliberal, weapons supplying allies.
Also, "Iraqi officials claimed last week the Americans had been urging them to sentence Saddam before the mid-term US elections."
The White House press secretary, Tony Snow, said the following about the verdict:
We simply think it's important that you establish a rule of law where people have their rights protected, where they have rights to appeal, where they have rights to counsel but also where victims of violence have redress.
You've heard the saying, "Timing is everything." Well, just as this verdict came out, the Military Times Media Group, a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc., ran an editorial in the Army Times , Air Force Times , Navy Times , and Marine Times calling for Donald Rumsfeld to be fired as secretary of defense of the US military.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
The Bush-43 administration is becoming the most defiant administration in US history. It has put Saddam Hussein and his co-defendants on trial for chemical attacks on Kurdish civilians, including women and children in 1987-88.
The reason this is so defiant and brazen is that the US and other nations supplied Iraq with the material, equipment, and training to carry out the attacks.
Will Saddam Hussein be allowed to name his accomplices who have put him on trial? The US runs the trial judges. Everyone knows that. Is the Bush administration counting upon the American people being thoroughly worn out by all of the Bush wrong-doing—too worn out to speak against the gross offenses?
This is why they started with Dujail. They have waited until hundreds of thousands of people have been murdered on account of the US trumped-up invasion in order to numb the American population to violence and lying American politicians.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Well, it is still Friday where I am, but they killed Saddam Hussein on Saturday at around 6 AM Baghdad time. Now you see that what we were saying was right. They silenced him before he could speak about the CIA's and US presidents' duplicity in his crime. They put him through a kangaroo court controlled by the US military.
The whole trial, the whole system, was, and is, a mockery. The judgment was preconceived. The judge even said it. The defendant wasn't allowed to be faced by his accusers or to cross-examine them. He was not allowed to see the supposed evidence against him. The trial was mundanely illegal.
Besides the US not wanting the US's involvement in the illegal chemical weapons used coming out to the general US population, the US and Shiites and Turks didn't want the Kurds gaining further sympathy over their having been gassed by Saddam with US chemical and equipment.
Also, they allowed leaked film of the hanging with audio containing taunts by supposed Shiite hangmen. Furthermore, they hanged him of an Islamic holy day, Eid al-Adha, a day for mercy and forgiveness, observed by the Sunnis on December 30, the day of the hanging, but observed on the 31stby the Shiites. These things were designed to further inflame the sectarian divide between Sunnis and Shiites. Keep them off balance. Divide and conquer. Even if it looks as if you're losing in the midterm, keep it up, because in the end they come around to your control. That's the mentality behind the oligarchical crusade.
It is working too. The Shiite dominated state shutdown a Sunni TV station because an anchor wore black (for mourning) after the hanging.
Now that he has been executed for being a tyrant, who will execute those who supplied him with weapons materials, equipment, and training?
None of this excuses Saddam Hussein. There is no excuse for the horrible things he did. That also doesn't mean we are not to excuse his ignorance. He was possessed. He was the dupe of evil.
He was an extremely hard man, but they shouldn't have killed him.
Now they've reportedly hanged more, supposedly ripping one person's head off, so that those who may speak about US duplicity will be silent.
Were you aware that someone may be executed in the middle of another on-going trial? Where is the justice for victims in that? Justice is when people repent. People who would otherwise repent of their duplicity will be tricked by the hangings into not repenting.
Well, this is how the prophecy is unfolding. This is how souls are lost for how long?
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)