Tuesday, December 19, 2006
There is a great lack of faith in God throughout the world. There is a great lack of understanding about God throughout the world. Humanity is unworthy of the miracles God is able to perform.
The mundane world is the world in which the act of testing the same thing in the same way will result in the same outcome. The mundane world is the world in which whenever anything doesn't conform to duplicable results then those results are assigned to randomness, chance, chaos, etc.
The minds, and more importantly the hearts (the emotions), of those who believe that that mundane world is the whole and only reality are the minds and hearts that are more selfish than those who don't believe the mundane world is the highest reality and who do believe that righteousness is the highest reality.
We add that second part "who do believe that righteousness is the highest reality," to differentiate these people, these souls, from those who also don't believe the mundane world is the highest reality but who don't believe that righteousness is the highest but rather believe that selfish apart from God is the highest.
For those who don't believe in God or in the evil spirit, miracles do not come or if they do, they are described in scientific terms as much as possible and also left to the future of science to figure out within the scientific method.
For those who do believe in God but rebel for selfishness sake, they work to counter the miracles of God, again for selfishness sake.
Why then was Jesus able to have the Holy Spirit within and was able to perform miracles through the Holy Spirit? For one, there were many more people then (at Jesus's time) who weren't nearly as jaded (spiritless) as today.
The evil spirit has been working profusely, per the prophecy, to bring forth the huge harvest of rotten fruit. This process will continue, even while people struggle in the mundane to make things better.
In addition, the prophecy is chronological. The great outpouring of the Holy Spirit will coincide with the evil it will counteract and ultimately defeat.
There will be the occulted miracles in life even while the evil spirit ramps up its wonders before the people. Those occulted miracles are seen only through softheartedness. Remember, that occulted in this sense means hidden from the view of those whom God has not given the necessary kind of sight, the sight that only the softhearted have. The hardhearted cannot see the miracles as miracles of God and good.
The evil spirit will continue ramping up its wonders. All the high-tech weaponry is one form of this. The creation of Project Monarch assassins is another. The acceleration of super computing is another. This trend will continue leading to the Great Tribulation, Armageddon, and Apocalypse.
Understand that what happened when the Jews revolted against the Roman Empire resulted in a tribulation, an Armageddon-precursor, and was apocalyptic.
Adolf Hitler also represented an antichrist vis-Ã -vis the Jews, and his followers and he brought on tribulation, an Armageddon-precursor, and apocalyptic event.
These events are part of the lead up to the climax of the Great Tribulation, Armageddon, and Apocalypse.
This must happen so that good and evil may be finally separated, so the house of the righteous will be whole even as the righteous want no ill to befall anyone. They merit being saved from evil though. That's God's plan.
This is what happens when government is evil and when citizens don't always turn the other cheek and don't always lead by serving in the right direction no matter what (following the great commands, the golden rule, the new commandment).
With these souls bent upon lording it over others and with underlings bent upon violent revolt, the miracles of God are withheld from the general population. The signs and wonders of righteousness are withheld. This is in order to separate out those who are of insufficient softheartedness from those who are too selfish by choice.
This is why the Holy Spirit withholds showing miraculous powers.
The Pentecost came in order (chronological order). It was the fiftieth day after Passover (not Easter). First things first. Jesus had to go. He had to be sacrificed first.
As an important aside, the pagan influence was allowed in so that the calculation of Pentecost is by counting Sundays (Sun-god days). Also the resurrection is calculated as the first Sunday following the full moon that occurs on or next after March 21. It is named Easter after the dawn in the East (an Indo-European goddess tie-in). Those changes by the church of Rome have made it more difficult for many people to see God.
Chronological order is still in operation.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)