Thanks to the Sola Dei Gloria web site for putting this information online. We don't watch TV, so we wouldn't have known about it probably for some time otherwise. About the Sola Dei Gloria site, it's the only web site we've run into that is strongly opposed to John Hagee types and the Christian-Zionists and also strongly opposed to the lie that homosexuality is okay. Now, if Sola Dei Gloria is anti-greed and for giving and sharing all with the flock and for returning goodness for evil, we just may have run into a kindred spirit—at least someone closer to the kingdom than we're accustomed to coming across.
Watch the Bill Moyers Journal clip online.
Listen carefully. John Hagee is no Christian. He is a false shepherd. Hagee is a warmonger. He knows nothing. No one who is following or supporting him or what he's saying is going to be raptured by God anywhere, ever.
But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. Luke 6:24.
Hagee is rich. His followers have given him a very fat compensation package, just like all the other fat-cat televangelists leading their flocks into apostasy. Look at him. He does not deny himself.
He has received his consolation. He won't be raptured. None of the rich will be raptured. They're all lying for the dollars for themselves in the here and now. They are taking their followers for suckers. It's a con game. They're just hucksters. They are the current version of the traveling snake-oil salesman.
He's a liar, and he's disingenuous. Don't even consider what he's saying for a moment. He's deluding his followers with deranged, corrupted, twisted interpretation and selective reading of The Bible. Hagee is Old Testament all the way. There is no Gospel message in him. He has zero part in Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ has nothing in him.
Hagee is calling for a first strike against Iran. That is Satan talking. Hagee has hardened his heart for the dollars and power his followers mistakenly give him. It's sheer evil.
John Hagee is working for evil in the name of God. He is blaspheming God and Jesus. He is idolatrous, worshipping the flags of America and Israel.
Jesus never preached war. Jesus said the following clearly and plainly:
Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! Matthew 18:7.
He's been told all of this many times before. He knows full well what real Christians think about all of his blatant lies to his flock and to the world. It is well beyond using the Gospel's progressive discipline [Matthew 18:16-18] with him. He's totally public with his lies despite repeated calls by real Christians for the false-Christian-Zionists to turn and repent.
We do not judge him or condemn him. He does that to himself. He will have his own false standard meted out to him in the hereafter if he doesn't stop, turn, and repent of all his lies.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)