The ancient Greeks were called democratic; however, they extended that to only a few. Only a citizen of Athens for instance could vote or have an equal say. They were the people. Everyone else was a nonhuman, so to speak. That meant only men. It meant only free men.
Israel is a very closed society. Immigration is as tightly controlled as anywhere in the world. They deliberately forced non-Jews out of the area so they, the Jews, could create their closed place where they would extend a pseudo-democracy guaranteed to be controlled by Jews in perpetuity.
Well, this is how the houses or nations of the world behave isn't it. The U.S. is in the process of establishing tighter and tighter immigration laws and barriers. Barriers and secrets are the foundation of these nations of the world aren't they. It is all done via force of violence and the threat of the same isn't it.
Only Jesus's kingdom isn't like that. There are barriers, but those are put up by those who want to force their way in. There are secrets, but those are only because people refuse to see what is right in front of them.
Israel practices heavy censorship. The media are not allowed to cover military matters without submitting the reports to military censors first.
Israel allows no proselytizing. It's a multi-year prison sentence for converting anyone to Christianity. They are completely against freedom of religion. So why then does the U.S. give them more money per capita by far than to any other people on the planet? Any Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, or person of any other religion other than Judaism caught proselytizing will be persecuted with a stiff prison sentence. At least that's the threat that silences Christians who fear the Jews in Israel.
This isn't lost on the powers that be in the U.S. They know about it. They are willing to be completely hypocritical for the sake of the U.S. Empire but more so for the sake of the coming darkness. For they see in that darkness light. It is a false light. They see goodness coming out of all the evil if only they can hold out long enough. It won't happen.
Hypocrisy is the stock and trade of the powers that be. If Israel can attack Syria for having some uranium (which possession hasn't been substantiated), can Syria or anyone else attack Israel for having hundreds of nuclear weapons? Only the "good guys" can have nuclear weapons. Please. Who are these "good guys"? Do good guys shower other nations with millions of cluster bomblets? Do they kill innocent children bombing them in their beds or by spraying bullets all about on busy streets? No, they don't. Only those who cave into evil-heartedness do that or order it done.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)