U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said the following:
Unfortunately the Iranian government continues to spurn our offer of open negotiations, instead threatening peace and security by pursuing nuclear technologies that can lead to a nuclear weapon, building dangerous ballistic missiles, supporting Shia militants in Iraq and terrorists in Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon and the Palestinian territories, and denying the existence of a fellow member of the United Nations, threatening to wipe Israel off the map.
Where is the proof for any of this? Even if any of it is true, so what? Turn the other cheek. Get out. Show the Iranians how it's done. They'll respect it.
Rice isn't offering open negotiations. Rice, Bush, and Cheney are dictating to Iran that Iran doesn't have the same rights as Israel to have nuclear power and even weapons.
Pursuing nuclear technologies that can lead to a nuclear weapon doesn't threaten peace and security in the way Rice suggests. "Pursuing nuclear technologies" is just a pretext for attacking Iran, which Cheney and the neocons want to do no matter what. "Can" isn't "will."
What ballistic missiles aren't dangerous? How many nations have them? Which one of those nations isn't dangerous? They're all dangerous.
"...supporting Shia militants in Iraq and terrorists in Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon and the Palestinian territories...." "Terrorists"? The U.S. causes more terror than any other nation. It does that intentionally. The U.S. neocons use recklessness to throw the fear into the hearts of all the other nations of the world. When the other nations of the world get sick of it and become angry in response, and they will, they will gather together to gang up on and pile on the U.S. The neocons are being idiotic. When they hit back at the U.S., Israel will be hit too.
"...denying the existence of a fellow member of the United Nations, threatening to wipe Israel off the map"? That's a misquotation that has been corrected countless times but just keeps being repeated and repeated, as the Big Lie tactic used by Adolf Hitler against the Jews. Now the Jewish neocons are counseling the Bush Administration to just use that same tactic over and over and over.
Look, Condi Rice, wake up. History is a written record. Your use of the Big Lie tactic is going down in history for the whole world to see for as long as the world lasts.
You aren't going down in history as some great secretary of state. Your name is going to be mud, just as Richard Nixon's name is mud, just as Dick Cheney's name will be associated with infamy.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)