First Real Temple
The temple started out as the known universe, which was rightly considered the kingdom of God and Heaven. Human kind knew of nowhere that was not the temple. Here we are referring to the mentality that prevailed during what is considered the era of the Garden of Eden.
Thomas Hobbes would have you believe that life before so-called civilization was nasty, brutish, and short.
Garden of Eden
The Garden of Eden vision though asks you to consider that food was right there, beautiful, delicious, nutritious, uncontaminated, free, plentiful, and without any human labor required. Also, no one was ashamed of nakedness. No Homo sapien was being wicked.
Then the temple changed. People became wicked. Life in the garden disappeared. More and more food came to require labor or money. It is becoming less and less delicious, nutritious, pure, and plentiful. The land is being ruined more and more, generally speaking.
Slowly Coming Back
The temple went from the whole of the universe to set up altars. Altars were then enclosed in rooms and tented areas. The rooms and tents gave way to larger and larger buildings. Places were decreed as sacred, meaning other areas were less so.
Jesus Restores the First That is Real Temple
Then came Jesus
The temple came down and Jesus went up. Jesus became the temple. Jesus had told the woman at Jacob's Well that The hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. John 4:21
He also said, Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:21
The temple moved to within every heart. The place of worship and that was sacred became everywhere those people and their spirit happened and happens to be.
The trend is back to the universe temple.
Right System Universe Wide
Jesus cleansed the temple. While doing so, he chastised them for having made the temple a den of thieves. He cast out everyone who bought and sold. He made no distinction between those who supposedly were cheats in the unrighteous money. All buying and selling was cleaned out. It is defiled. It is corrupt. It goes against the spirit.
Since the temple is now becoming universal, that house is also becoming universal. Universally, we are ultimately not to be engaging in commerce that is buying and selling rather than giving and sharing. Jesus was clear about giving and sharing. We are to change the system from commerce to giving and sharing.
Commerce and trade for monetary profit, as the capitalists refer to them, are evil in the eyes of Jesus and God.
Add your comment below.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)