The Zionist Organization of America, founded in 1897, is the oldest pro-Israel organization in the United States. The ZOA works to strengthen U.S.-Israel relations, educates the American public and Congress about the dangers that Israel faces, and combats anti-Israel bias in the media and on college campuses. Its past presidents have included Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis and Rabbi Dr. Abba Hillel Silver.
Read the Zionist Organization of America's press release entitled:Arab Refugees & Praising So-Called Arab League Peace Initiative." January 14, 2008.
As you consider all the things the Zionist Organization of America has alleged and the way they have characterized everything, keep in mind the meaning of propaganda and also consider our following comments:
The following starts out with the premise that Palestine has no right to the same sovereignty being claimed by Israel, because Palestine is not rooted in Egypt or Jordan. It goes on to discuss all the things that the authors see as being wrongful acts by the Palestinians while completely ignoring the wrongful acts by the Israelis. They ignore the war instigator and inciter, Ariel Sharon, who deliberately antagonized the Palestinians to start the current intifada (second Intifada). These authors completely ignore the Israeli so-called transfer program, which actually represents ethnic cleansing or simply militarily and otherwise driving people from their homes to take over the land. That was the plan from the beginning of the false-Zionist movement. They use the term "terrorists" as if it only applies to Palestinians and as if the Palestinians are not routinely terrorized and lorded over by Israelis. The outlining land invaders, known as settlers, are brutal toward the Palestinians. They do their best to make life as miserable as possible for the Palestinians. It's documented on video and audio for the world to see. The exact same criticisms leveled at the Palestinians can be leveled against the Israelis. The current state of Israel was founded on terrorism by terrorists who are lauded by the Israelis. They also just ignore the Green Line as if it never existed and as if there has never been any legally binding obligation for Israel to not build beyond that line. It further states that the Palestinians are, and would remain, under the thumb of Iran, which is untrue. The authors are Americans, yet they argue for a Jewish state, which is diametrically opposed to the tenets of America, namely freedom of religion and anti-ethnic bigotry. Why should other Americans buy into what these false Zionists are saying? I don't.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)