... as if the damage resulting from the inhumane blockade that cut off fuel, electricity and other material and services essential to the survival of the civilian populations in Gaza was not enough, the Israeli military is getting ready to wage "a major military offensive". Already, heavy air and ground attacks are underway. But, the worst might be yet to come. The BBC reports that Deputy Defense Minister Matan Vilnai said "...they (the Palestinians) will bring upon themselves a bigger holocaust because we will use all our might to defend ourselves," on Israeli army radio.
In a similar oppressive approach, the Ethiopian forces continue their routine indiscriminate shelling of densely populated Mogadishu neighborhoods. According to Elman Human Rights group "seven thousand civilians, mostly women and children" have been killed in 2007- the first year of the occupation.
Since the occupation, life in Mogadishu has become so unbearable that approximately
1 million civilians, mostly women and children, have fled for safety and became what is known as Internally Displaced Persons (IDP). They now inhabit makeshift refugee camps and are deprived of goods and services essential for their survival. According to the U.N., the total number of people in Somalia at-risk of starvation is now 1.5 million, thus making the situation there "the worst humanitarian crisis in Africa."
"Since 9/11, the mainstream media, the very entity that was once upon a time a valuable counterweight to power, has become the very instrument used by the powerful to justify their transgressions. Mainstream media has become so profoundly mesmerized by the ways and the means of the powerful. As a result, they routinely offer free pass for those who are elected to craft policies, those in command of their implementation, and those special interest groups who build the first two's towers of power and influence." ...
RLCC: Why couldn't the U.S. government have worked with the Islamic Courts Union? They didn't even try, just as Israel and the U.S. haven't even tried to work with Hamas.
Blessed are the peacemakers.
The vast majority of the men who are members of Hamas would be peaceful if their families weren't treated as subhuman by the Israelis but rather treated in accordance with the Golden Rule.
The Israelis are making huge errors. They think that God is dead. Those Jews who don't repent will suffer the same fate that all of the unrepentant before them suffered.
We all also know that the Islamic Courts Union had started to bring real stability to Somalia. We don't agree with their tactics or ultimately with their religion, but they were doing a vastly better job than are the U.S. and Ethiopia.
It is obvious that the U.S. did what it has done, for one thing, to get back at Somalis for the "Black Hawk Down" humiliation. They've done it against Islam. They've done it against Blacks. They've done it as part of the generalized destabilization of the whole world in the CIA's Worldwide Attack Matrix plan still being unfolded by both the CIA and DIA and for the sake of the American-Israeli (Jewish; false-Zionist; neocon) vision of the New American Century.
Woe to the U.S. foreign-policy setters who have done all the evil to so many souls. They are lighting fires that will smolder and flare up at them, burning them severely. They are re-hardening the Russians and making the Chinese nervous militarily and economically. The Chinese believe they have much to lose now that Maoism is behind them. They will fight if pushed.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)