The Pharox LED lamp is an Incandescent Replacement from Lemnis Lighting. It has it's advantages.
- Uses up to 90% less energy than an incandescent bulb
- Can replace up to a 40 Watt incandescent bulb with the same amount of light intensity
- Lasts 50 times longer with a lifetime of 50,000 hours lifetime compared with 1,000 hours of a standard incandescent bulb
- Uses only 4 Watts
- Emits a warm, natural, white light
- Can directly replace an incandescent lamp (fits in the Edison base — doesn't require a new fixture)
- Does not get warm; child friendly and fire safe
They aren't cheap, but neither is the planet. They run about $50 (USD). That's $1 per 1,000 hours. That makes it easy to compare a standard incandescent 40 watt. Then factor in the energy savings and the environmental benefits (provided the process of bringing them to market from end-to-end isn't harmful).