Anti-Semitism, including government-promoted hatred toward Jews and prejudice couched as criticism of Israel, has risen globally over the past decade. The distinguishing feature of the new anti-Semitism is criticism of Zionism or Israeli policy that - whether intentionally or unintentionally - has the effect of promoting prejudice against all Jews by demonizing Israel and Israelis and attributing Israel's perceived faults to its Jewish character (Friday, March 14, 2008, Reuters.com).
March 28, 2008
Letters to the editor
President, Roosevelt Institution Minn.
The Minnesota Daily
What a load of rubbish. It's pure false propaganda designed to brainwash and hypnotize. The statement above is designed to cause dupes to have a thoughtless, knee jerk reaction every time anyone criticizes the illegitimate, Apartheid regime of Israel. It's designed to get people falsely to imagine that being against Apartheid policies and against false Zionism (not to be confused with real Zionism that is peace) is being against Jews wholesale. Who's demonizing the Israeli government? Do they hear the words of truth about their behavior and say those words describe demons? They defined themselves as demons by saying the statements fit them. It's biblical.
And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. Matthew 21:45
There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. Matthew 21:33-44
Also, what's a Jewish character? Look who's lumping everyone together as if the government of Israel represents all Jews. It doesn't any more than the Bush-43 administration has represented all Americans. Anyone criticizing Bush isn't besmirching my character, and I'm a citizen of the U.S.
There are plenty of Jews who hate what the government of Israel is doing and rightly so. God bless them for that. It would be good were God to bless with that same light those other Jews who remain in the dark about it, but people can't be forced or they won't truly appreciate it. They'll too easily backslide. They aren't to be trusted until they've stuck with it. That's the way of it.
Stop lumping all Jews in with the Likudniks and false Zionists. False Zionism does not represent all Jews, period.
As for Iraq and Apartheid Israel being related, the Iraq War was a neocon plan. We all know that neoconservatives are pro-Likud. That's no mystery. The whole point of neoconservatism was tying U.S. foreign policy to Israel's fortunes in the greater Middle East. Dupes will fall for the false line that the Iraq War is a separate issue. It is not a separate issue. It is inextricably connected.
You say you're a liberal. Then start acting like one. Be consistent.
We all see where this is going. The hypocrisy is being magnified by the Holy Spirit so the whole world will see the stark contrast.
The separation will occur. There will be people calling themselves Jews who see the light and convert and are saved. As for those who go down clinging to Phariseeism, well that's the point: They go down — further. It's not our fault. They'll have refused to heed the clear and plain signs and warnings just as when the Second Temple was destroyed leaving no stone upon another, just as Jesus had prophesied. Just in case people don't realize it, the Wailing Wall is not a wall of that temple. It's what's left of the retaining wall. None of the Temple proper was left standing one stone upon another — not one.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)