Voter Advocate Rush Limbaugh Applauds Supreme Court's 'Huge, Huge, Huge Move To Undercut Democrat Voter Fraud'
Polling Place Photo ID Restrictions in Indiana Upheld by SCOTUS in Courageous and Historic Dredd Scott-like Decision By Why Stop at Keeping Black and Elderly Fraudsters from Stealing Elections?...
Analysts Predict $10.00 A Gallon Gas
That's the message from a couple of analytical energy industry trackers, both of whom, based on the surging oil prices, see considerably more pain at the pump than most drivers realize.
Agrobacterium And Morgellons Disease, A GM Connection?
Preliminary findings suggest a link between Morgellons Disease and Agrobacterium, a soil bacterium extensively manipulated and used in making GM crops; has genetic engineering created a new epidemic?
This Red Square Shows The Area Of Current Technology Solar Cells Needed To Supply The Whole World's Energy
How can we afford NOT to move to solar?
THE BRIDGE AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD
Half the world's tropical and temperate forests are now gone. The rate of deforestation in the tropics continues at about an acre a second. About half the wetlands and a third of the mangroves are gone. An estimated 90 percent of the large predator fish are gone, and 75 percent of marine fisheries are now overfished or fished to capacity. Species are disappearing at rates about a thousand times faster than normal.
What Is Really Causing Agflation?
The old laws of the marketplace are no longer working. Food prices have been rising for six years because of surging demand, and increased production is not restoring the balance as in the past. In fact, prices have been going up even faster over the last year. The so-called "financialization" of commodities markets, that is, the influx of investment funds seeking safer and more lucrative assets, has intensified the trend
"Transgenic Seed Companies Lie And Bribe:" Interview With Goldman Prize Winner Jesus Leon Santos
Biotech corporations that developed genetically modified seeds are bribing authorities and carrying out costly advertising campaigns "plagued with lies in order to create monsters that attack life," says JesÃºs LeÃ³n Santos, an indigenous man who is one of this year's winners of the Goldman Environmental Prize. To everyone who thinks that our ancient systems are just a matter of romantic ideals, we say we are on the right path
Clinton & Obama Finally Slam Pentagon Propaganda; McCain Silent
Clinton calls for an investigation and Obama for more transparency. McCain - hush, hush.
The U.S. National Toxicology Program has released a draft report suggesting that an estrogen-like chemical in plastic could be harming the development of children's brains and reproductive organs. The agency invites public comment.
Former Illinois state official Ali Ata is expected to testify about a conversation he had with Rezko in which the developer alleged Rove was "working with" a top Illinois Republican to remove the Chicago U.S. attorney, Patrick Fitzgerald.
Rearming The World
Why nations are suddenly locked in an arms race unseen since the early days of the Cold War: Much of this new arms spending is concentrated among the world's biggest consumers of resources, which are trying to protect their access to energy, and the biggest producers of resources, which are taking advantage of their new wealth to build up their defenses at a rate that would have been unthinkable for a developing country until
3 Reasons The Economy Is Headed South
Crude prices have increased by about two-thirds in just the past year, after essentially doubling during the prior few years. As it burst, the bubble in housing spread to credit markets across the U.S. and beyond. And inflation is precipitated by increasing fuel and food costs.
The stories are ever more horrific. Links at site: (view article)
Stimulus Checks Set To Stimulate The Gas Pump - And Economies Overseas
The US Energy Information Administration estimates that the price for an average gallon of gas will increase by $.40 per gallon this year. If gasoline consumption remains steady at 2007 levels, then it will cost an extra $231 to fuel a car in 2008, more than a third of their stimulus check. The Middle East coffers flowth over.
Independent Leading Article: The Price Of Our Oil Dependency
Industrial action appears to be back in vogue. Members of the National Union of Teachers marched through London and other cities last week in the first education strike in 20 years. And yesterday 1,200 staff from the Grangemouth oil refinery in Scotland began a two-day walkout. The NUT strike inconvenienced many parents. But the action of Scottish oil workers threatens much wider disruption.
Letters Give C.I.A. Tactics A Legal Rationale
While the Geneva Conventions prohibit "outrages upon personal dignity," a letter sent by the Justice Department to Congress on March 5 makes clear that the administration has not drawn a precise line in deciding which interrogation methods would violate that standard, and is reserving the right to make case-by-case judgments.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)