The current situation is the most clear-cut example in history of Americans knowingly winking at a maniac imperial president.
Excuses are running out. Americans are facilitating stark evil via silence and financial support for the mass media and sponsors (the plutocrats) who pump out the lying propaganda of the CIA and Pentagon, etc.
If this nation's people don't stop supporting evil, if this nation's people don't tell Pelosi and Conyers to oust the unrepentant, dark lords Bush and Cheney now, if Bush orders the attack of Iran, then the American people collectively will be made to suffer in ways they haven't yet imagined.
It's not fair to the individuals who work day in and day out to inform the people about the truth, but evil has a history of visiting itself on the innocent and the guilty alike, just as God makes it rain on both.
The only solace for the innocent is the knowledge that God knows how hard they've worked on the side of finding and speaking truth (even if they haven't always gotten it 100% right every single time). God knows who tries as opposed to those who knowingly and deliberately work for evil.
Make no mistake about it. The neocons know they are working evil. They know they are being total hypocrites.
George W. Bush and the neocons knowingly lied the U.S. and others into invading Iraq. That invasion was illegal and the occupation is illegal.
If Bush orders an attack on Iran saying that Iran doesn't have the right to nuclear energy or even weapons, that would be illegal and immoral and an impeachable offense.
If Bush orders an attack on Iran saying that Iran has supported the resistance in Iraq, that would be illegal and immoral and an impeachable offense.
Iran has an internationally recognized legal (mundane, not divine) right to nuclear energy (and even weapons if it unilaterally chooses to opt out of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty).
Iran has an internationally recognized legal right (again, mundane, not divine) to aid any other nation in its fight against an illegal invasion and occupation.
The fact is that Bush should never have been supported in any of his bids for any public office. His circle stole both the 2000 and 2004 elections.
His circle with his full support, cooperation, and knowledge, has violated countless laws (high crimes).
He is not the legitimate president of the U.S. He occupies that office illegally just as surely as he has lied over and over about 9/11, Iraq, domestic spying, torture, and myriad other things.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)