FOREIGN MINISTER OF RUSSIA, SERGEY LAVROV, SAYS NO PROOF IRAN BUILDING NUCLEAR WEAPONS
Sergey Lavrov, Russia's foreign minister said the following Friday, June 20, 2008:
- I hope the actual actions would be based on international law, and international law clearly protects Iran's and anyone else's territorial integrity.
- So far we have seen none [proof], and the same conclusion was made by the International Atomic Energy Agency.
- It's absolutely not right to speak matter-of-factly that Iran continues building nuclear weapons.
- As long as the IAEA reports to us progress in its relations with Iran, as long as Iran closes the issues which were of concern to the IAEA and this process continues, we should avoid any steps which could undermine this very important process.
- The key to resolving the Iranian issue is involvement. We must involve Iran, engage Iran in resolving the Iranian nuclear program, ... but also engage Iran in constructive, respectful, serious dialogue on Iraq and Afghanistan, on the Middle East in general.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink