It's been announced by Der Spiegel that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) will conduct a Financial Sector Assessment Program review of the U.S. financial system. It's being characterized as an embarrassment for the Federal Reserve and it's chairman, Ben Bernanke, by David HIrst in his piece, "IMF finally knocks on Uncle Sam's door," June 30, 2008.
According to David HIrst, Der Spiegel said the IMF would be looking closely into the affairs and records of "the Fed, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the major investment banks, mortgage banks and hedge funds."
Well, it is a ploy. It is a cover. There are many people on the Internet who have been blogging about the truth that the whole system is a sham. I'm one of them. Someone has to react to us in an attempt to appear to be doing something constructive, to buy time, to wear down the opposition, to depress people into giving up, etc. It's what they always do, only now you know it right out in the open. The light is shining, and those in the dark hate being exposed by it. Just think about it more, talk about it more, act upon it more, and do the really right thing, and they won't be able to dim the light. It will only get brighter and brighter.
The plutocrats know that. This won't be different from the 9/11 Commission though. Don't get your hopes up. The bankers run both sides of the Atlantic. The IMF has known all along what's been being set up in the U.S. They are just taking this decision for the sake of appearances. They are going to attempt to placate the masses, including many millionaires who are suddenly discovering that they aren't very rich and will be much less so in the not to distant future.
Inflation is going to come on and then the belt is going to be tightened. Inflation will be broken over the backs of the poor and lower class and middle class. The tax cuts will be ignored as much as possible while the welfare safety net and entitlement programs are to be ravaged. The loosening earlier was just a maneuver to take away the potential argument that Milton Friedman's method should have been tried. Well, it's been tried and it hasn't work. Anyone who's surprised by that probably thought Milton Friedman knew something about economics, which means running the household. He knew nothing. He only knew how to run it into the ground so the common people could be consumed so the rich could get fatter devouring them.
The wages and salaries of Americans are going to go down, down, down relative to the rest of the world. It's the wages of sin. The American people were arrogant. Now they are to get their comeuppance.
Voting for the likes of Barack Obama isn't going to mitigate a thing. He's just more of the same-old-same-old. Unless and until the American people really embrace Christlikeness, things will just continue getting worse even while some things appear to be getting better and in fact will be improvements of a sort. It won't be good enough though. The rabid capitalist model is dead and needs to be buried, because it is a curse upon the land.
There is a great leveling that's in the making. The bottom in China and India isn't going to rise to where Americans were in the 1950's. All the common people of the world are to level out much lower than that if the ultra rich get their way.
The whole idea is to take away as much autonomy and sovereignty from others as possible. The world bankers want to reestablished themselves as the nobility of old.
The Federal Reserve is owned by European and American families (oligarchical families). They've been whittling away at the U.S. economy since the founding of the United States. They hated that the currency didn't come out of their fractional-reserve, private banks. That's why they railroaded the Federal Reserve Act and the Income Tax through the U.S. legislature. It has been Alexander Hamilton's dream come true and a disaster. The booms and busts have all been choreographed to continually weaken the common people so more and more despotism can take root.
George W. Bush is a major player in this whole affair. His whole family is in league with those who seek to strip the people of as much ability to voluntarily cooperate collectively with each other as possible.
It is the people being made aware of the alternative that is voluntary collectivity that frightens the despots the most. That's why they never even discuss it. They ignore it at all costs. They pretend as if it isn't there as an alternative to the current evil system.
It bothers them that there are people such as myself who go ahead and write what isn't supposed to be even slightly felt. They just don't even understand how people like me even can see voluntary collectivity or the Commons as the alternative. We aren't supposed to be able to see it because the idea was supposed to have already been killed off. Obviously it hasn't been killed off. In fact, it is very much alive and growing by the second around the planet. That's why so many people are braving the system and doing what they call "speaking truth to power." Of course what it really is is speaking truth to weakness. That's because the house of cards that is the current system is very weak. In The Bible, it's depicted as having feet of clay that the Rock of Ages will pulverize, and so it will.
What humanity needs to do is put everything into giving and sharing and serving each other in the least harmful even completely harmless and most beneficial way. That's the idea upon which the Christian Commons Project™ is based.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)