I hold that the lineage that has the current Pope in place goes through Constantine I. I hold that he ruined the pacifism of the faith. He co-opted the faith for ulterior motives. It was on account of Constantine's actions that the Pope's built much of the Roman Catholic tradition. Most importantly if communism (as Jesus expressed it) is the right path, why has the Roman Catholic Church not promoted that cause from the top? Why has it never brought forth? I maintain that if the Holy Spirit had been or were now much in evidence in those at the top, we'd see the fruit in history and current events bearing that out. I don't see it.
My neighbors here would say, "Things could be worse." The Roman Empire could have been worse. Everything it did wasn't evil is another way to put it. I don't hear Jesus in that though. I don't hear the calling to rise in truth in it.
I wasn't moved to go into (join) the Roman Catholic or Eastern Orthodox churches to attempt to sway them. I would liken doing that to trying to pour new wine into old skin. They'd have to remake themselves so much that they wouldn't be Roman Catholics or Orthodox any longer. So, I'm on the outside calling them out to come together.
I raise all of this on the website in one form or another with the view that people might decide to go ahead and work to bring forth together regardless of whether or not the top clergy in the large denominations help with it or not.
There are Roman Catholics and Orthodox Church members and members of other congregations whom I appreciate. I recently posted an article entitled, "ARCHBISHOP OSCAR ROMERO: A TRUE HERO." As far as I'm concerned, he should have been the Pope. Let me tell you, I don't need to wait for the Roman Catholics. The guy was and is a saint for what he did. In the name of Jesus Christ, he braved the right-wing death squads of infamous Ronald Reagan.
You have to understand, he didn't realize the secular system is impossible. God though doesn't allow Satan endlessly to punish the ignorant in earnest. Also, you must view Oscar within the fact that the whole Roman Catholic Church is inside the system. So, one must view Oscar in relative terms. God does, even while God can see everything in absolute terms as well. That's what makes God, God. We're on our way to joining God in this, as we become worthy by turning, repenting, atoning, overcoming, and bringing forth only the good fruit.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)