Title: "Lot's Cave (entrance)."
There is a homosexual movement within the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. calling for removing the words "homosexual perversion" from the 1963 version of the Heidelberg Catechism.
"General Assembly Votes to Restore the Heidelberg Catechism to its Authentic Text!," by Jack Rogers. June 2008.
The original doesn't contain the exact literal words "homosexual perversion." Those words come from the same interpretive spirit that went into those particular words as rendered in the NEB (New English Bible) I Corinthians 6:9-10.
The homosexuals hope to have a psychological, thoughtless, impact by restoring the words. They hope that by pointing to this, it will help convince people on the fence that "homosexual perversion" is not implied.
What does I Corinthians 6:9-10 say?
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
I Corinthians 6:9-10
Who are the fornicators, adulterers, effeminate, and abusers of themselves with mankind? Are homosexuals fornicators, adulterers, effeminate, and abusers of themselves with mankind? Homosexuality was never accepted marriage. Jesus said that those of Sodom would have repented had he done there the signs he did in Capernaum. What is the sin of Sodom? Well, we have the whole story of the Sodomites demanding to "know" the angels. It means have anal intercourse with them. Sodom of course suffered from other sinful behavior and attitudes as well, but homosexuality was clearly one of them and central enough that the story was handed down as a warning to future generations concerning one of the possible results of such practice.
Homosexuality is inherently fornication. If a homosexual is married or has been to a female whom he did not divorce for the cause of unfaithfulness on her part in an otherwise unbroken marriage, then that homosexual is also an adulterer. Also, in the act of homosexuality, one of the parties must take the role of female. That's effeminate. Lastly, the act of homosexuality is harmful. "Homosexuals: What they ignore." It is abusive. Homosexuals engaging in that behavior do in fact abuse themselves (each other) with each other.
Therefore, the use of the terms "homosexual perversion" is a proper reading of the verses. One may conclude that homosexuality is perversion based also on other than the writings of Paul. The very words of Jesus Christ bear this out.
Homosexuals are losing the argument and debate even as they often insist otherwise. The fact is that the truth is pouring out in all areas. It is pouring out concerning greed, violence, war, and all manner of evil that is depraved.
There is not homosexuality in the highest. There never has been nor will there ever be. There is not homosexuality in any level of Heaven. There never has been nor will there ever be. Homosexuality is reserved to levels of Hell only.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)