Charities that don't have the means aren't able to deliver. The means of producing is what I mean. They rely on the means of other's. When the capitalist economy goes down and food and other needs of the needy increase due to more needy and deeper need, charities without the means of production rely on others who invariably under the capitalist spirit hoard for self and immediate kith and kin.
Even the charities themselves go through layoffs. Is that not ironic? This problem is endemic to predatory capitalism, and capitalism is always predacious. Its very foundation is selfish competition. Adam Smith attempted to qualify or frame the system with a not-very-strong appeal to morality, but capitalism is inherently immoral (wrong).
Morality is what is right. Insanity is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. Capitalism is wrong. Capitalism is insane. The opposite of capitalism is not violently coerced socialism, because capitalism is also violently coercive. The opposite of what is wrong and insane is voluntary giving and sharing all with all. That's the Christian Commons.
The Commons was prevalent within England for instance before the predators came over to steal the Commons out from under and around the hamlets. The second and third sons of the European self-styled landed nobility (land thieves there) invaded England to steal the rightful inheritance of all. Might made right in their eyes, because they rationalized their covetousness (sin, immorality, insanity).
Nevertheless, Jesus Christ does not say to fight back, take lives, regain your stolen inheritance. He says instruct the insane. Heal them where they are receptive. Return them to the truth. They have been blinded by evil. Those who do not heed, let them be. The truth will sort them out. Don't compound the evil. Don't use the means of evil to fight it, for if you do, you only serve the cause of the perpetuation of evil.
The Christian Commons Project™ is a means for developing the means of production in the hands of the needy themselves. Then when the capitalists system goes down, and it has always cycled for various reasons not the least of which is the planned crash by those who stand to benefit the most under the spirit of greed, the Christian Commons will still be able to produce.
The Christian Commons is non-violent, compensated land-reform and wealth redistribution.
So, even as things are tightening up, each of us must reevaluate the proper course. Each of us ought to contribute to the pool or fund that will be used to obtain the means (land). As Christians, we know that God will magnify these efforts.
Other efforts will continue, but we must remain focused upon the final solution. For literally thousands of years, the traditional charities have been promoted by those who definitely do not want the means in the hands of the Christian Commons. They have used all manner of propaganda and distortion in their service. We must overcome all of that.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)