These greedy people are constantly testing the limits and tolerance of nature. We have seen all the pollution caused by the free market, a market without a conscience. Cloning animals is nearly brand new. They don't know what their doing. They're gambling with nature. They say there is no difference between cloned and not. That's a lie. Their attitude is that we all have to die sometime, so why worry so much. That's not the Golden Rule at all.
Also, as a Christian, death is a semantically loaded term; however, regardless of how that term is intended by the careless cloners, they really don't have the right to reduce the health of the planet for the sake of their short-term gain in mammon. Even if they make what appears to them to be progress in feeding people, etc., it must be weighed against the alternatives that are definitely better and long term.
"We refuse to serve in the Israeli occupation"
Jewish high school students in Israel showing humanity
Russia also used cluster bombs against Georgia in South Ossetia War. I reported yesterday that Georgia had used them. (I'm sorry, but I didn't record the link. It was both Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International if memory serves.)
The Bush Administration Falters in a Geopolitical Chess Match
By Michael T. Klare
It is hard not to conclude that Russian prime minister goaded the rash Saakashvili into invading South Ossetia by encouraging Abkhazian and South Ossetian irregulars to attack Georgian outposts and villages on the peripheries of the two enclaves.
He based this upon a New York Times article that was nothing but buying into the White House propaganda.
Vincent and Pauline Matherick : Foster Parents Who Refused to Teach Homosexuality resign
Look at what is happening: Decay. Foster parents are being required to teach children that homosexuality is okay. This is all based upon false science. "Homosexuals: What they ignore."
Freedom from religious persecution is guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution; however, the homosexual agenda is stepping on freedom of religion. The Mathericks are being discriminated against on account of their religion.
Palin's Church May Have Shaped Controversial Worldview
First Jeremiah Wright became an issue, because the so-called right-wing doesn't like his politics. Well, I don't hold 100% with Jeremiah, but he wasn't all wrong. I wrote several posts about him. You can do a site search on Jeremiah Wright (click the phrase-search box) to read those posts.
Then John Hagee stepped on some toes: Roman Catholic. He backed off in a hurry but couldn't explain his way out of other comments that Hitler was the instrument of God so that the Jews would end up back in control of Jerusalem and much more. Of course, John is thinking Old Testament.
God hardened Pharaoh's heart. The Jews were let go, and Pharaoh was crushed. Well, Hitler's heart was hardened. He punished the Jews. The Jews though were finally let go, and Hitler and the Germans were crushed for a while. John can't simply say this and stand by it, because he's first and foremost a secular political type, yes, secular. He's not really a man of God. It's show for the dollars.
Now, here comes Ed Kalnins, Sarah Palin's small-town pastor before she went to the capital as the governor of Alaska. This Kalnins is a Reconstructionist/Dominionist. He calls himself a Christian, but he's for war. It's nonsense. Jesus was not for war. This guy worships Mars, not God, not Jesus. He thinks, as does Sarah Palin, that the Iraq War is a Holy War rather than a grab for oil, natural gas, and unholy, worldly Empire. Ed Kalnins is no Christian, not even close.
He says people who stand against George W. Bush are going to Hell. I don't stand with George W. Bush. I stand against his policies and practices. There is no such thing as a conservative, Republican Christian. There is no such thing as a militarist Christian. There is no such thing as a capitalist Christian. By the way, there is also no such thing as a homosexual Christian, just in case you think I'm being inconsistent.
Patrick Cockburn: White House strategy is to help McCain win in November
The surge is promoted as the strategy by which the tide was turned and it is true that the Sunni uprising against the US occupation has largely ended.
But it has done so for reasons that have little to do with the surge or American actions of any kind. Crucial to the success of the government against the Mahdi Army has been the support of Iran. It is they who arranged for the Shia militiamen to go home.
The Iranians bought time.
Don't forget, the U.S. is supposedly stopping the payment of $300 a month per militia fighter. Those people who stop receiving the money will turn to other activities not directed by the U.S. The U.S. has not won the hearts and minds of the Iraqis (Sunni or Shia). What will those militants do for their money?
Govt, India Inc plan to farm land abroad
So, you see here that governments are going to buy up farmland. This is what the collective Church ought to have started doing already no matter how tight the economy. We need to come together in the Holy Spirit to bring forth the Christian Commons Project™.
U.S. Special Forces Strike In Pakistan
Rare Use Of Ground Forces Stokes Pakistani Ire, May Indicate High-Value Target
The U.S. has put ground troops into Pakistan in a violent assault. The Bush administration is attempting to widen the war. It is also about the election. Obama has been critical of the Bush administration for not focusing on Afghanistan and Pakistan.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)