The fighting in Afghanistan has nothing to do with terrorism other than as pretense. It never did. It still has everything to do with Empire and controlling energy and other things that have been commodified.
Iraq is broken. The people there were already damaged by Saddam Hussein. George W. Bush and the neocons have simply made things much, much worse. Corruption is rampant. Extrajudicial executions are rife. Ethnic cleansing has been carried out under orders by the U.S.
The invasion was illegal in both the mundane and divine senses.
The occupation has been a continuation of neocon barbarism — Shame.
The leaders (so-called) of the U.S. don't care about the Pakistani or Afghani people. They only care about themselves. The tribal people are looked upon as mindless. No one takes the time or trouble to discuss things with them without a selfish eye.
The way to win is by creating a win-win situation. They want to live decent lives. They would appreciate being treated decently. Try it for a change.
Somalia is an ignored crisis. That nation was finally enjoying some stability. The U.S. could have worked with the Islamic Courts Union to moderate views.
Rather than caring about the poor people, the U.S. vengefully attacked a nearly helpless people and sent in its proxy military, the Ethiopians (under a dictatorship).
IRAN AND ISRAEL
Talking about a lack of discussions, why don't the Iranians and Israelis talk at the highest levels? No doubt, things could be worked out if only people weren't so self-centered.
All the Israelis need to do is start giving a damn about the Palestinians. It wouldn't be hard at all. They could just start treating them right.
The financial situation is still much, much worse than is being admitted. Months and months ago, I wrote that we were only about one foot up a fifty foot wave. Well, we're almost half way up now. I wrote a while back that one half of the wealth will be gone when the floodwaters finally recede.
Well, the half that will be gone was all phony all along. It was all a shell game.
The global plutocrats knew things would get bad, but they underestimated. They also completely underestimated the people and the times in terms of coming to learn the details of what has been happening.
Those plutocrats haven't seen anything yet. Wait until the researchers and writers dig in for years to come.
FEDERAL MILITARY TROOPS ON U.S. SOIL AGAINST U.S. CIVILIAN CITIZENS: POSSE COMITATUS
George W. Bush has been planning for fascistic reactions to mob anger. It's okay with him if he orders troops to fire on Americans. He and the other fascists believe that will scare everyone into backing off to allow the neocons greater and greater control. Actually, it will only harden more people.
More people will take violent positions and be willing to fight and die rather than rollover. The neocons are severely underestimating just how angry the people can become. Enough people can rip a government to shreds in no time.
Don't forget, the military people have family members. If push comes to mass killing, most in the U.S. military will side with the common people rather than the plutocrats if those common people include other than those who are consider fringe right now.
Don't forget that in a violent revolution, the people just take what they want from those who were denying them. It's all justified in their eyes, just as Bush ignorantly thinks he's justified.
HABEAS CORPUS OR CORPUS DELICTI
So, Habeas corpus is dead. How long will that last?
INDIA, THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION, AND NUCLEAR NON-PROLIFERATION
The Indians never should have obtained the bomb. It was a very stupid move on their part. How they could go from Gandhi to nuclear weapons is a lesson in falling.
The whole world must demilitarize. Eventually it will, when it wakes up.
INFLATION, RECESSION, DEPRESSION, UNEMPLOYMENT, RISING INTEREST RATES
Rising interest rates doesn't seem to fit. The Federal Reserve and the other central banks are lowering rates.
It's only temporary. Inflation is going to continue until the dollar is worth half. They'll clamp down yet.
Meanwhile, what's being done about global warming? The economy is a distraction.
Everything is a distraction concerning all the other issues. Frankly, the answer to each issue is the same answer to all of them.
The entire system must be reborn in the new spirit of unselfishness. Evil is selfishness.
We need to provide the necessities for one and all. That's the answer. Who's not willing to work for that unselfish goal? We need to stop being silent when people wrongly state that it is unchangeable human nature to be selfish.
We are not immutable.
GEORGE W. BUSH
George W. Bush has a 25% approval rating. The amazing thing is that it's that high.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)