People are rushing to U.S. Treasury bonds. They are doing what people used to do prior to recessions. The problem though is that the underlying position of the U.S. economy used to be much better. Right now, it is anything but sound.
Plowing money into U.S. bonds is a mistake. It is betting on the U.S. economy's (taxpayers and laborers) ability to make good on those bonds. Unfortunately, the George W. Bush administration in conjunction with predators on Wall Street have made that impossible short of the U.S. going to war and simply taking what it wants. However, the underlying strength of the U.S. to sustain such a pillaging campaign is highly unlikely short of deep foreign pockets willing to finance such an effort. Any financiers though would want huge profits as their cut of the plunder.
In addition, the rest of the world is not as weak as it used to be relative to the likeliest backers. China and Japan actually have the most liquidity. Neither is going to underwrite a U.S. war against China's or Japan's interests. In fact, East Asia is this very moment working up plans where it will dictate many terms to the West. Think about that, you racists who thought the "little, yellow, slope heads in pajamas" would always be licking your boots.
This is not to say that the plutocrats of plutocrats aren't still calling the shots. They are. They set this up to play out their long-term plan. They want more power. That's what they work to solidify.
Let me tell you what will end up happening. The whole thing will be written off. The superrich know this. They knew it before they started the whole thing. What they are doing is fracturing people and nations so they may move in as saviors given more power and control. It's what the proverbial Satan does.
What they are doing is trying to make this whole thing appear soooo complicated. It isn't complicated at all.
Look, decisions could have been made long ago such that what is happening now never would have happened. It would be easy if we were dealing with honest people. The difficulty lies entirely with the fact that there are so many basically dishonest people in high places. They got there by dishonesty. The system itself is based upon dishonesty. Dishonest people set it up so in the past.
The only way out is for the dishonest to convert to honesty. That would require the U.S. to stop glorifying crime, violence, and depraved sex and the like throughout its pop culture of course. Are the people up to the challenge? Are they ready to make the personal sacrifices of their selfish lusts for the sake of the whole? I call upon them to do that.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)