Blogged by Shannyn Moore on 11/6/2008 1:18PM
SOMETHING SMELLS VERY FISHY IN ALASKA
Turnout Rate Reported as Lowest Ever in State, Down 11% From '04 Even With Both Palin and Obama on the Ballot
Hanging in the Balance in the Diebold State: Felon Ted Stevens' U.S. Senate Race, Corrupt Don Young's House Race & Much More...
Guest blogged by Shannyn Moore
[Ed Note: Now updated. See details at end of article.]
ANCHORAGE - Something stinks. Not just an ordinary low tide smell. Not like something you'd blame on the dog. It smells like an infection. For me to plug my nose, I'd have to overlook some curious facts.
In Alaska, more people voted for George W. Bush in 2004 than for Sarah Palin on Tuesday despite an identical 61-36 margin of victory. Yes. Only four years ago 54,304 Alaskans got off their sofas and voted for Bush, but decided to sit home and not vote for Palin in 2008.
Her numbers go on and on showing something that is statistically impossible without tampering or some event that would have been reported, such as an earthquake or something preventing people from getting to the polls.
She updates them on Huffington Post.
Posted November 7, 2008 | 06:09 AM (EST)
Alaska On eBay? Election Numbers Update
Initially there were only 49,000 votes left to count. Now there are 74,527 outstanding ballots. Curious. Even still — this year's turnout is still smaller than the election of 2004 by 6.1%. Hhhhhhmmmm. I would have to smoke more than Salmon to believe that Alaska, with Palin on the ballot, decided to sit this one out.
1) The 1,700% increase in the Democratic Caucus
2) 20,991 newly registered voters
3) The three largest political rallies in Alaska's history were held in September and October.
4) Early voters set an historic record. 25,000 Alaskans showed up to vote early in 2008 vs 11,000 in 2004; an increase of 127%!
5) 12.4% more Alaskans showed up for the August primary as compared to four years ago, before the Palin nomination.
6) The average Presidential Election turnout since we started keeping records is 66.7%. The 2008 Alaska voter turnout (including the uncounted 74,527 ballots) is 60.1%. THE LOWEST GENERAL TURN OUT save Clinton/Dole 96'.
7) The Lower 49 had a record voter turnout this year.
8) 80% of Alaskans approved of Sarah Palin just two months ago.
9) Anchorage Daily News front page on Election Day: Personnel Board Exonerates Palin She flew home to vote with Alaskans.
10) An unprecedented 16 point come-from-behind lead for Congressman Don Young over challenger Ethan Berkowitz.
11) Ted Stevens 7 felony convictions.
12) Don Young under investigation; spending over $1 million on legal fees this year.
The Republicans are doing this primarily to keep the Democrats from having 60 or more in the U.S. Senate. With 60 Democrats, the Democrats would be able to cut off Republican filibusters. The Democrats could force votes on Democratic legislation. The Republicans are cheating trying to prevent it.
The courts need some scientific surveying done to show that the people voted in a much larger percentage than the state is officially claiming. The courts ought to force a new election in Alaska if necessary to insure that the votes are properly counted.