The more avarice, the more treachery.
When this Great Crash of 2008 is over, take a look around to see who owns what and who was able to expand. Then, ask where they got the money to do it.
When the global economy is supposedly interconnected with no one able to control or knowing how and therefore all ships should go down with the tide, why would anyone or any group come out smelling as if he or they didn't go down into the seabed with everyone else?
Yesterday, I did a little post, "PROJECTS CALL."
I've been working on other projects but wanted to take a break from those just to round out and expand upon the concepts in that post a bit more.
Do not put your confidence in the system of avarice. It contains inherent treachery.
If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? (Luke 16:11 KJVR)
If G1487 therefore G3767 ye have not G3756 been G1096 faithful G4103 in G1722 the G3588 unrighteous G94 mammon, G3126 who G5101 will commit to your trust G4100 G5213 the G3588 true G228 riches? (Luke 16:11 KJV+)
The numbers are called Strong numbers, after James Strong (1822–1894), who was an American and a Methodist. He created what is called an analytical concordance of the Bible. It has been a great benefit in helping people to learn more Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew connotations. You can see some of the results below. It's fairly self-explanatory. The parts in [straight brackets] are mine.
If therefore ye have not been faithful.
G4103 [Strong number]
From G3982; [peaceful, fair, and reliable...] objectively trustworthy; subjectively trustful: - believe (-ing, -r), faithful (-ly), sure, true.
in the unrighteous
From G1 [privation; incomparable cause of deprivation (lack of the basic necessities); privatizing; impoverishing the masses] (as a negative particle) and G1349; [natural, inevitable, punishing consequences of the wrong that is the selfish system] unjust; by extension wicked; by implication treacherous; specifically heathen: - unjust, unrighteous.
Of Chaldee origin (confidence, that is, figuratively wealth, personified); mammonas, that is, avarice (deified): - mammon. [having confidence in and worshipping the system of greed]
who will [will God] commit to your trust the true?
From G227; truthful: - true.
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G2990; true (as not concealing): - true, truly, truth. [give you authority over matter and spirit; transcendent power; healing; unifying]
Notice the "not concealing." It means not concealing deceitfulness, trickery, temptation to fall to that which will result in painful and suffering consequences. Jesus suffered pain. However, it was the system that he stood against that wrongfully punished him. That system deceived much of the masses. That system's leadership murdered Jesus by proxy and directly (both the certain members of the Sanhedrin and the Roman Empire by it's representative murdered Jesus). They did that to continue the system described above by Jesus.
There is a huge debate on-going in the US and around the world about the economic system. The laissez-faire capitalists argue against what Jesus said in Luke 16:11 characterizing their system. They believe that at its foundation, their system is not inherently treacherous and inherently punishing. They constantly claim that their system is never allowed free rein. Jesus and I know though that such free rein always tempts souls to fall sooner and further. Jesus's and my system does not.
true [authority over matter and spirit; transcendent power; healing; unifying] above is the same as "Real" in our name, Real Liberal Christian Church.
As explained in the page/article about our name, all four words in the name are synonyms for the same concept and more.
I mentioned yesterday that the term "riches" in Luke 16:11 was an unnecessary and distracting emendation added by some scribe(s), possibly at the behest of others. I haven't delved into that to find out what is known or recorded about that particular emendation. As it is used, it is an adjective. As recorded in the original Greek, the term true is a noun. As an adjective, it renders riches as the focus needing the qualifier. Without riches, it causes the mind to consider truth itself first without any qualifier. The distinction here may appear too subtle to matter, but in my experience, it puts people in mind of personal, private material wealth, which is exactly where Jesus doesn't want minds. The minds that did this either didn't understand or deliberately wanted to throw the people off or a combination of both.
Going through the entire Bible this way is no small task. Mistakes happen. They aren't always consciously intentional. They do spring from where we come and where we are attempting to go without being there yet. In other words, we aren't perfect until we're perfect. My point in showing what I have in this post is primarily to set minds to the task of slowing down to grasp more of what Jesus teaches.
He does not teach, ignore, or remain indifferent to, capitalism and for good reason, as you may be able to see from the above. He actually teaches against it. This is something the capitalist who know this do not want those professing Christ to see. Understand though that many people who profess Christ, giving the choice of giving up capitalism or giving up Christ will, and do, choose capitalism. Many continue on professing Christ when they do not believe in him or follow him, obviously. They do that for the sake of acceptance within circles of others to enhance their private gain.
I call for giving up capitalism rather than giving up Jesus. By doing this (giving up capitalism and replacing it with Jesus's system), souls will become free from the negative consequences of the always sneaky capitalist system. Of course, Jesus's system is not Marxism. It is not the Communist Party of the Cold War or now. Don't be confused about that. Capitalist want to confuse Marxism with what Jesus puts forth. Marx's brand of communism is false. It is as false as capitalism is false, unreal, untrue, faithless, etc.
Let me know what you think.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)