So, as Barack Obama's Middle East Envoy, former U.S. Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell went to Egypt, while Egypt was denying Iran permission to offload humanitarian relief in Egypt for nearby Gazans. Egypt was bought off long ago by the U.S.
Egypt gets nearly as much financial aid as Israel each year from the U.S. Of course, Egypt has a much larger population and it has to wait for the handout. Israel though reportedly gets its entire handout in one fell swoop (unique among U.S. aid recipients). Nevertheless, Hosni Mubarak is glad to take the handouts and to do what he is told since he's a very, very rich man from it even while many of his citizens are living in abject poverty.
Why is the U.S. dictating to Mubarak, the U.S. puppet dictator of Egypt, to holdup the Iranian shipment? Is it because of possible weapons? No, of course it isn't, since the Egyptians can easily inspect the whole shipment. It's simply a continuation of collective punishment for Gazans: Men, women, and children.
"Cairo against Iran aid delivery to Gaza." Press TV. January 28, 2009.
Israel is still bombing Gaza even though Hamas has said the following again:
We want to be part of the international community. I think Hamas has no interest now to increase the number of crises in Gaza or to challenge the world. We accept a state in the '67 borders. We are not talking about the destruction of Israel. — Ghazi Hamad, Hamas spokesperson
Meanwhile, Israel continues new construction in the illegal colonies (settlements) in the West Bank. Also, Olmert insists that the blockade will remain allowing in only some humanitarian aid so long as Hamas holds Gilad Shalit.
What are the names of the some 10,000 Palestinians being held as political prisoners by Israel? How many are women who have been kept from tending their children? How many are mere children guilty of nothing but being on land the false-Zionists of Israel covet?
Israel has offered a deal where 230,000 colonists/settlers would remain in the now illegal so-called settlements. Israel isn't even willing to go back to the Green Line of 1967 that is recognized by the United Nations as the legal boundary.
I tell you that things are changing much more than Obama ever conceived. Laissez-faire capitalism is dead. It is the most asinine economic system ever devised. It is barbaric. It has no soul, no compassion, and no empathy. It destroys the homes of old widows. It is a disease, blight on humanity. It is dead of the spirit and needs to be put to rest eternally — the sooner the better. Sure, coercive socialism is not good; but it certainly is the lesser evil when compared with laissez-faire capitalism
The mixed economy will give way to the coercion-free Christian economy, just as militarism will give way to total pacifism, and tolerating will no longer be confused with condoning harmful sexual behavior being passed off as harmless.
World Economic Forum in Davos is giving way to the World Social Forum.
At Davos, Shimon Peres, the president of Israel said the following of Hamas:
Why did they fire rockets? There was no siege against Gaza. Why did they fight us, what did they want? There was never a day of starvation in Gaza.
(See: "Turkish PM storms off in Gaza row" BBC. January 29, 2009.)
By the way, the Turkish Prime Minister, Mr. Erdogan, didn't "storm" off. He walked off.
What lies Shimon Peres tells! Of course there was a siege. It was a terrible siege. He makes out that cutting the normal flow of goods into Gaza down to 15-20% for months was nothing. We also know what happened on November 5, 2008, when Israel broke the lull in violence. We know what happened before that and after. We know why Israel broke the lull, and it wasn't for fear of a Hamas tunnel to kidnap any Israeli soldiers. It was to steal more land by driving the Gazans so hard that they would leave Gaza when given the next chance. It was to drive Gaza to retaliate so Israel could have a pretext to attack.
Nietzsche said God is dead. Wrong! The Old Testament misunderstanding-God version of God is dying. The New Testament understanding of the real God is being born in glory and will come to rule eternally.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)