Certain conservatives are still trying to blame regulation of mortgages for the predatory lending of corporations. It won't work. The Big Lie tactic of just repeating garbage over and over won't work.
Alan Greenspan is also trying to decouple his low Fed rate policies from low mortgage rates. The truth is that the mortgage rates were simply reflecting the overall deregulatory atmosphere that Greenspan openly supported and promoted. They knew where he stood and what he would and wouldn't do to interfere in their scam. They could and did count on him.
The U.S. official unemployment rate is 8.1% they say. That's phony. The real rate is 18-19%.
Also, they are just getting around to calling this a global recession. It is a global depression setting in. It's setting in because the governments have bailed out the predators rather than the prey.
Look, the (non-federal) Federal (non-reserve) Reserve announced it is going to buy up $1.5 trillion in government bonds and mortgage-linked securities. In other words, it's going to take some of the sub-prime junk off the hands of those who have been also otherwise bailed out. Now, don't allow your mind to shut down here. $1.5 trillion from where? Really, where are they getting it? Where has it been?
Answer: They are making it up. The private corporation that has never seen the light of day — no government whatsoever — is just going to absorb $1.5 trillion worth of shaky U.S. bonds (that's putting it mildly) and toxic, securitized, sub-prime and other bad mortgages.
So, the taxpayers can pick up the bill by working for the superrich who created this whole mess on purpose for that very reason: Enslavement!
The Fed will hold $3 trillion worth of what? Where did they get the $3 trillion? In case you haven't figured it out yet, they just have $3 trillion because they say so. They didn't work to create it. They just waved a little finger. Did the American people give a private, secret, and non-reporting corporation such power over them?
You can't fight City Hall. That's the old saying. Well, I'm not for violence, but I'm all for truth-telling. I'm all for changing the whole system via non-violence and not even what is considered today "resistance." I'm for bringing forth the Christian Commons. If you think there is any other way, you're wrong. Sooner or later, unless the human race is doomed for fleshly extinction, it is going to have to face reality that selfishness has never worked and never will and face exactly what unselfishness truly means — how to define it.
The Federal Reserve Act is an abomination. So too is the Income Tax used to pay the bankers interest for doing nothing but causing booms and busts from which they consolidate their stranglehold on the planet and the whole of the rest of humanity.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)