NOTE: THIS IS A STICKY POST.
If you are on the blog index-page, you may need to scroll down to see more recent posts (if any). Thank you.
For your convenience, here's a link that instantly takes you to the bottom of this post. (Have you read the most recent UPDATE to this post and the whole post below that?)
UPDATE: Wednesday, April 18, 2009:
So, it has been over a week since I requested information from Entrecard. The trouble tickets are still there. I looked at them last night and added a reply to each to see if that will generate responses.
I also looked at the history of my communications with Entrecard Support. Until these two recent issues, Entrecard Support had always responded in a timely manner. I realize that they have been dealing with a flood of questions concerning the new paid advertising and such, but 1 week of total silence sets off conspiracy theories. That's reasonable, isn't it? Of course, those theories are tentative concerning details.
UPDATE: Wednesday, April 15, 2009:
Why are they ignoring me? I have heard nothing back from Entrecard Support.
RLCC posts are now updating on Entrecard; however, here is the latest in the transaction report (as of 4/15/2009):
Date From/To Description Credit 4/10 18:39 You Credit for blog post(s) 25
That's the last credit showing for any posts. Look at how many posts there have been here since 4/9/2009 concerning which time, Entrecard's report shows only 1 post.
Is this the only blog concerning which this is happening?
The Transaction Report page shows credits for the EC ads of others shown on the RLCC site, so one should think that the report is up-to-date across all credit types. Why aren't the post credits showing up when Entrecard is showing that the rss feed is being read and the post titles and links are showing on Entrecard's site?
Entrecard users who visit here, please check your latest postings against what Entrecard shows (allowing for a little delay) and compare that against your transactions listed. Let me know if you are getting credits for all the posts Entrecard is reading from your rss feed and showing on Entrecard.com.
Thanks. Together, we will help Entrecard and its users and advertisers be at least more fundamentally fair, though Entrecard is decidedly antichrist. They are the old wineskin. Perhaps they might even end up converting into new wineskin.
UPDATE: Wednesday, April 14, 2009:
I decided to do the following:
- Create a series called "Entrecard"
- Add a number of earlier posts and this one to the series
- Update this post, and
- Make this post a sticky post — meaning even though it isn't the most recent post, it will (should) stay at the top of the posts on the homepage even as I add newer posts that will show immediately below this one.
I've decided to do these things because for some reason, even though I've informed Entrecard of the problems listed in this posts and the one preceding it in this series, Entrecard has yet to address them with me directly.
I have seen that they are updating my posts, but I haven't looked yet to see whether or not they've done it retroactively and if so to what degree. I haven't checked to see whether or not their transaction report accurately reflects the posts where the RLCC should receive 25 credits per post (all posts).
Of course, I won't spend any EC (Entrecard Credits that are valued in United States Federal Reserve Notes, misnomered as "U.S. Dollars" and "USD," etc.) on advertising until I know for sure that the ads will actually run as promised or at the very least that Entrecard will credit the RLCC with EC spent on ads that did not run.
Well, let me say that I am not, repeat, am not, doing this from a spirit of vindictiveness. I am doing it solely for the benefit of the Church and other Entrecard users, advertisers, and potential users and advertisers, who once they are fully informed, may judge for themselves whether or not Entrecard is correctly advertising itself or misrepresenting.
I know that the spirit of capitalism, with its emphasis upon competition and devouring, rather than cooperation and bringing forth the real bounty (additive when all is said and done) is the spirit of Entrecard. Nevertheless, I offer what I'm able for the sake of the many lost souls who will turn upon hearing the truth that is God and Jesus's voice calling for righteousness.
There is competition against righteousness and seeming competition on its behalf. Frankly, people who are truly worthy don't need to be competed for. As I say (which is repeating the Christ spirit that still lives with Jesus), they hear Jesus's voice, which is another way of saying (and the same way since they are one) they hear the truth and turn from being lost.
I heard it and still hear it and am following to the best of my ability. Will you join me in bringing forth the Christian Commons?
Entrecard, as of the time of this posting, shows on the RLCC transactions page that I've posted 4 posts from April 1 through 10. However, there are 27 posts for April 1 through 10. At 25 EC per post, that's 675 EC. The difference is 575 EC. At 1000 Entrecard Credits - USD$6.00, that's $3.45, right?
Now, you might say, so what, what's $3.45? Well, in certain parts of the world, it can feed a family for a day. Also, I haven't checked all the transactions going back to the beginning of when I started posting as an Entrecard users/member. It matters to me because I'm saving to feed hungry, even starving children. If Entrecard has missed this many in just 10 days, how many EC do they owe the Church since the beginning?
Right now, I have enough EC to feed a third-world starving person for several months. That's a big deal!
God loves each soul as if there were no other.
Now, the rss feed works just fine. BlogCatalog picks it up. MyBlogLog picks it up. Technorati picks it up. There are others as well (Zimbio, Ning...). You get the point.
Perhaps Entrecard is running a day behind. If that's the case, they should still show at least 11 posts for April. That would still be 7 posts above the 4 they show. That's 175 EC for the 10-day period. That's $1.05 at the current exchange rate. Doing this over and over adds up.
I don't want to nitpick souls to death. I do though believe we can see where carelessness has caused the ruination of much that could have been saved and good. Look at what the reckless did on Wall Street that spilled all over. Look at what the militarists do killing hundreds, thousands, and adding up to tens of millions of the innocent over time.
My message to Entrecard:
Entrecard shows only 4 posts from April 1 through 10. However, there are 27 posts for April 1 through 10. If you are running a day behind, you should still show approximately 11 posts for April, give or take 1 post maybe, allowing for time-zone issues, etc. The rss feed is fine. Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.
This is part of the series:
- TECHNOLOGY TAKES UP MUCH TIME: WORDPRESS, FEEDBURNER, ENTRECARD
- THE PHILOSOPHICAL, RELIGIOUS, POLITICAL, AND ECONOMIC IMPLICATIONS OF HAVING MADE 300 ENTRECARD DROPS TODAY
- EUROYANK'S SITUATION AND FREE POLITICAL SPEECH VERSUS COERCION
- ENTRECARD AND ENTRECARDERS: TAXES, BUSINESS, AND MORE HELP
- FINE LINES IN THE WORLD OF THE UNRIGHTEOUS MAMMON: ENTRECARD AND GOOGLE ADSENSE
- ENTRECARD'S DEFAULT PAID-ADVERT SETTINGS
- ENTRECARD: U.S. DOLLAR PAID-AD QUESTIONS AND POINTS TO CONSIDER
- DISCLAIMER: ENTRECARD-ADVERTISER/DROPPER SITES
- ENTRECARD: MICROCOSMIC HELL; BLESS WITH TRUTH
- ENTRECARD IS NOT WORKING AS ADVERTISED
- ENTRECARD OBSESSING? NO, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN
- 7 ENTRECARD ADS ON FAIRLY POPULAR SITES RECEIVED ZERO CLICKS AND PROBABLY DIDN'T RUN AT ALL
- WHEN I WRITE OF ENTRECARD, I WRITE WITH MORE IN MIND THAN SURFACE QUESTIONS. I HAVE IN MIND ALSO THOSE WORKING FOR ENTRECARD WHO HAVE COME HERE AND LEFT COMMENTS PROMISING LIGHT BUT WHO NEVER RETURNED WITH ANSWERS PROMISED.
- CANCELED ALL REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH - CHRISTIAN COMMONS PROJECT ENTRECARD EC-ADS
- ENTRECARD HASN'T BEEN GIVING THE RLCC CREDIT FOR ALL BLOG POSTS
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)