Dear Tom Usher,
We are so glad to give you a update of our vocational trip, we left our home on 27th of May and just this morning we return to home safely, (05-05-2009) first of all we would like to thank you from the bottom of our heart for your valuable prayers and the heart, we had a wonderful time together, all of our babies really enjoyed, we traveled at train, up and down we did not get any lower-birth, we got favor with the people those traveled in the train with us and they sacrificed their lower-birth to our babies, even through this little thing, we could see the spirit of the Lord is being with us and He finding the good things for our babies, all babies slept nicely and enjoyed even in the train too.
For this one week, all babies didn't get any sick, that is really great and we thank God for his faithfulness. This time we visit some of the place of Tamil Nadu and Kerala states, we visit the important places of zoos, beaches, waterfalls, parks, boating and main cities, some of our relatives and friends are staying all the places where we went to visit, so, just I call and tell them to come with us, in each areas, many friends came with us an helped us to see all places without any difficulty, Grace, Angele and Erika really enjoyed in this trip.
4th day we went to Kerala state and visit a zoo in the morning, Grace saw some lions in little close-up, she asked to get one for her, we explain that the lion is very dangerous animal, even we can't go near it, but she didn't agree and started to cry, after 30 minutes she stopped by eating a ice-cream, that was really funny and everyone laughed for her innocent thoughts.
The final day afternoon we hired a car to come to the railway station, on the way suddenly the car's brake rod broke, immediately driver stop the car on the side of the road, God protect all of us, we praise and thank God how much he is concerning and protecting us.
When we returning in the train, Grace, Angele and Erika covered their head with the cloth as Indian Christian culture and sing a song in Tamil and English (God is so good...) often say Halleluiah and Praise the Lord, people were watching their worship, some people asked who are these babies? We said all of them our own babies, but they said, no way, please tell the truth, finally I said who are they, they surprised and show more love to them, one Hindu man said; I could see how much you love and care these babies, I am sure one day they will be a great Christian and will be a example in this world, we thank God for his word.
By the way, we enjoyed in this trip with the babies and returned back to home safely, we learn and experienced many things by this trip, all the glory and honor to God alone, one again we thank you for your prayers and blessing. We urge you to continuously keep us and our babies in your prayer and thoughts.
N.P: Please visit our blogs to see the pictures from our trip.
With much love and thanks,
Russal, Kumari and Kids.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)