- TWITTER DAILY UPDATE FOR 2010-02-07 http://ff.im/-fzp2b..... #
- VIOLENT REVOLUTION? http://bit.ly/aPbspI..... #
- Evil is automatically condemning poor people for having financial difficulties especially after banksters pulled the rug out from under. #
- Someone who's been foreclosed on or been unable to pay all debts is not necessarily unethical or a poor manager but perhaps lied to. #
- It's a shame the West is pushing Iran into an arms race. What's going into it could be going into really beneficial endeavors for all. #
- "They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace." How can the wicked have peace? #
- More people care more about getting openly homosexuals into the military then in ending the military and all violence: compound-confusion. #
- Just because young people think something is right doesn't mean they haven't been duped. I was young once. We were duped about many things. #
- Obama's economic team has given money to the rich, hidden toxic securities, postponed the inevitable, & waited for the poor to work it off. #
- Ann Coulter says that Obama told a "whopper" that his national health care coverage plan wouldn't cover illegals and abortion. Is she right? #
- Ann Coulter wrote, "Republicans (and some moderate Democrats)...tried to exclude coverage for illegals and abortion from the bills...." #
- If she's right, why did Barack Obama make the false claim? Oh, I know he did it for political reasons. Lying isn't right is my point. #
- Don't get me wrong here. I don't agree with Ann Coulter's politics in the main. She's a hawk. I'm a dove, per Jesus Christ. #
- A study in the journal Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine says shows abstinence education works. Tell me something I didn't know. #
- Obama slashed funding for abstinence-only education. Teen pregnancies are now up again. The study shows abstinence-only education works. #
- How could telling children they should wait be bad? How could telling them to say, "No" to sex be bad? How could it not help? #
- The more different children hear it, the more often they hear it, the more often more of them will say it: "No." #
- Obama is for nuclear, ethanol, & drilling; wars; & not prosecuting war criminals, civil-rights abusers, and banksters. What's he good for? #
- Obama thinks he has the right to assassinate Americans when they are traveling or living abroad if he just claims to suspect them. Serpent! #
- Children are homeless and hungry in America, and Obama wants to put missile interceptors in Romania. Where are America's priorities? #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Satan on trial: Cult heads accused of sexual abuse & violence http://youtu.be/AvL2NbNSdu0?a..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Despite Torture Claims & Questionable Evidence, Aafia Siddiqui is Convic... http://youtu.be/OLicxWviRf0?a..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Despite Torture Claims & Questionable Evidence, Aafia Siddiqui is Convic... http://youtu.be/qbGroV5PsHg?a..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Deep politics and the counter-terror industry http://youtu.be/fm2hGNrF-nI?a..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Billy Bragg protests bank bonuses http://youtu.be/ZMzKPIM51AQ?a..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Police accused of brutality over Gaza demonstrations http://youtu.be/OBIWXSxBCGQ?a..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — The US Fiscal Deficit: Scare Stories vs. Reality http://youtu.be/O5rbh_JbR_o?a..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — MIR: Israel, Occupation or Apartheid? http://youtu.be/LsyOS6-8hqY?a..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Does the NT Teach the Deity of Jesus Christ? KeithTruth vs. Yuratchka (K... http://youtu.be/iWh90PrIvKA?a..... #
- I rated a YouTube video (1 out of 5 stars) — The Terrorist Hate Us Because Of Who We Are & What We Stand For #
- I rated a YouTube video (5 out of 5 stars) — Plug-in Hybrids: Renewable Energy Solution of the Month http://youtu.be/pSdnycHfLnQ?a..... #
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)