- TWITTER-SESSION DIGEST, February 14, 2010 http://ff.im/-fW8PP..... #
- Hillary Clinton is great at bad mouthing Iran based on hearsay; but when it comes time to go after proven US war criminals, she's silent. #
- Netanyahu wants Russia to help severely "punish" Iran for what Netanyahu hasn't proven Iran is doing. Netanyahu is a danger to humanity. #
- Netanyahu is promoting utter evil. He is leading into temptation. Reject Netanyahu's iniquity. Don't fall into the bottomless pit with him. #
- Don't ask, don't tell what, how many people did you murder? #
- The mainstream media is aiding and abetting the war-mongering, Republican Zionist-neocons in co-opting the Tea Party Movement. It's sunk. #
- The original Tea Party Movement members better get a new name but pronto. #
- "We've eliminated 12 of their top 20 people. We have taken out 100 of their associates," said V.P. Biden. How many innocents were killed? #
- How do you know you've "eliminated 12 of their top 20 people" and "taken out 100 of their associates"? It's evidence from the underworld. #
- Why do people still give the microphone to Dick Cheney? He believes in zero due process. Probable cause to him is anyone claiming anything. #
- Twitter is over capacity. http://ff.im/-fZGAY..... #
- Dick Cheney lied through his teeth about WMD in Iraq just the way he lied about Iraq amassing on the Saudi border... http://ff.im/-fZGA6..... #
- http://www.creators.com/opinio.....ethod.html Wow, there are still people who... http://ff.im/-fZHRE..... #
- The Climategate charges of "deception, intimidation, and manipulation of records" have been shown as way overblown... http://ff.im/-fZIfu..... #
- Well, it looks like we'll just have to wait for the next heatwave and it will have to be super-super-strength for... http://ff.im/-fZIPt..... #
- The pattern has been that the "conservatives" fight anti-pollution. Without the Clean Air Act, a knife would break... http://ff.im/-fZKiV..... #
- The day when scandal would knock evil out of the spotlight is over. Evil is now allowed to hang around. The people... http://ff.im/-fZGR7..... #
- Here's the main source for all the Global Warming denial:... http://ff.im/-fZMCn..... #
- "Despite rumors...global warming is still happening...American Physical Society says."... http://ff.im/-fZNod..... #
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sci.....049377.stm Climate scientists hit out at judge's controversial ruling on... http://ff.im/-fZNTk..... #
- If you continue to believe the spirit can't overcome the flesh, it won't for you until it's too late. http://ff.im/-fZOO7..... #
- "Links to Spirituality Found in Brain" Well where else? Duh! #
- I know it's not the point. They're finding specific brain regions associated with spirituality, suffering, trauma, etc. I say, of course. #
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)