Yesterday, I watched and listened to Glenn Beck's CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) 2010 Keynote Address. I did a series of Tweets on it but woke up today with a slew of things on my mind about it (all the other things he did and didn't say).
Here's a full transcript for those who are interested:
Here are those Tweets merged into one paragraph:
I just listened to "Glenn Beck's Keynote Speech At CPAC (Part 1) - 02/20/10." He called Teddy Roosevelt a Marxist. TR was no Marxist. Beck only first read TR after McCain said TR was McCain's hero. Beck is a disciple of W. Cleon Skousen. Watch out! Beck puts down government spending; however, the stimulus was not enough and was aimed at the wrong people. The bailout was what was wrong. Once one gets passed the evil hearts behind it, deregulation, which meant not enough government, is what caused the problems. Of course, there is wrong regulation. However, regulation, per se, is not inherently evil. Coercion is the problem, but the unregulated (out-of-self-control) start forcing everyone else. Listening to Glenn Beck is torture. Why do it? People have to say what's wrong with what Beck is preaching. There's no brotherly love in it. It's devoid of caring about the downtrodden - people who are often down through no fault of their own. Beck talks as if Beck has done it all alone. Beck's sponsors have made Beck so they and he can make more than what they give. They pay him to preach private, special privilege and advantage. It makes it easier to con people. He says no one has a "right" to health care. Then the veteran with his legs blown off can lump it. The person hit by the drunk driver can just die by the side of the road. Glenn Beck isn't forced by God into being the Good Samaritan. He spews that victims shouldn't expect collective help from the human family. He's really quite full of the anti-Christ spirit. This guy talks about being self-educated by reading books from the "free," socialist/public library. What a hypocrite! Did he have to pay to go down the street to get there? If he needs a cop or the fire department, does he check his bank account first? He says government doesn't create jobs. Well then, let government stop all the military hiring. Beck's attitude is to let the states, counties, cities, towns, and villages fire everyone. Who needs it according to Glenn Beck. Glenn Beck would have you believe that the government shouldn't be the people's government. Glenn Beck thinks the Constitution is reducible to protecting us from "bad guys." Being self-reliant, he doesn't need even that, does he? He talks about charitable giving by Americans, but if the robber barons get there way, there won't be a middle class with money to spare. He said Americans give 10x more per person than the French. The French give more through taxes and have the world's best health-care system. Also, per capita comparisons are not proper. Multibillionaires skew the stats, and the U.S. has much greater abject poverty. Beck puts down socialism by pointing to Cuba, which has been under economic sanctions. Where's the free competition in that? The Scandinavian countries have been largely socialist. Why doesn't he say how terrible life is there by comparison to the U.S.? Then it really comes out. "Go watch the lions eat the weakest." Wow! Does that ever size up the anti-Christ spirit. Even the lions know when to stop though. They are satisfied with enough. The predatory capitalists don't know when to stop. Beck doesn't like the Federal Reserve or the Income Tax. I agree but believe in universal health-care. I want all the people to want it. Beck is an obstacle though to the spirit of everyone being Christlike about the needs of everyone else. He's against many of the right things to be against but it's from the wrong spirit that keeps him from being for things he should be for. While he rails against Progressivism, he doesn't rail against the spirit of competition but cooperation even coming out from consensus. Beck gives a superficial economics history lesson to the masses of "conservatives." He ignores the TVA, WPA, the superhighway system, etc. I'm not hyping those, but they do fly in the face of Beck's assertions. He ignores the downturn in the middle of FDR's stimulus due to FDR temporarily taking the advice of deficit hawks. He ignores military Keynesianism (mixed economy). It put 6 million to work in Germany and put America back to work. Too bad it was military.
Here are my additional thoughts (not exhaustive):
Glenn Beck lauds his own success, but what has he been successful at doing? He said when he was down and out, he looked around at those who were "successful" to emulate them. At whom did he look, and what traits did they use to get where they were and are? Were those traits the best or just what it takes to "get ahead" in a dog-eat-dog world? I suggest to you that it's the latter of the two and that, that dog-eat-dog world exists because of those traits and not because it's the way human beings (not wild dogs) need to behave. We have brains dogs don't have. We don't need to be taking our cues from other animals. Beck mentioned lions as a demonstration of nature. Well, lions live a great deal of their lives on the theta, predator brainwave level. We have been designed and evolved to a higher level, a higher calling. Our brains are capable of thinking on a level lions cannot. We are capable of transcending the brutish. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that lions are incapable of responding to kindliness. They are and do. It's instinctive. They don't reason it through on the level of human consciousness. However, it is why the scriptures say the following:
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. (Isaiah 11:6 KJVR)
That can be literal, but it stands for more than that. The animalistic aspects in humans to date are being addressed metaphorically there. Beck's lion within needs to be overcome by the higher spirit and calling also within if he's willing and if the spirit can overcome his flesh.
What did Glenn Beck do to get out of the hole he saw himself in? Whether consciously or subconsciously, he began preaching what the powers that be wanted to hear and want the masses to hear. The powers that be see Beck's theater as such a benefit to them, the monopolists, such as Rupert Murdoch for whom Beck serves largely as a mouthpiece and profit center. Of course, Rupert is the consummate capitalist. He employs plenty of neocons so he can keep the libertarians, Zionists, and banksters all happy to some degree. It won't continue though unless he succeeds in his censorship campaign against the likes of Alex Jones and Alex's ilk and others (including yours truly), not that I'd go on FOX. They don't discuss. They twist and frame, before, during, and after. That's not my style. I don't like the method of mischaracterizing (including by omission).
Rupert Murdoch knows that if the masses follow the Beck-line, the Rupert Murdoch's of the world will have a freer hand further to consolidate. That's why Beck is paid to badmouth Teddy Roosevelt, perhaps the greatest anti-monopolist of all time. Andrew Jackson might give him a run for his money in that though. I'm not saying that I'm a TR fan across-the-board. I am not a TR fan. He was also probably the most nakedly military-imperialist President we've ever had as well. I don't admire that trait at all. It's rather a contradiction in light of his trust-busting. However, one could make the case that one was privately and the other publicly controlled. The trust were and are "private" exclusive clubs whereas the Empire is ultimately supposed to be the people's government that overcomes the world of the elitists.
Now, Glenn likes to speak in terms of rugged individualism and success that in Beck's mind, is amassing money or mammon for self (apart from God's way). What he fails to comprehend and may never have even considered is that every human being is born into this world as family and should be treated in accordance with the Golden Rule as taught and practiced by Jesus that is Jesus's New Commandment to love each other as he loved his closest friends. When all is said and done, that means that each person has a full rightful inheritance that the capitalists modeled after the highly coercive, violent, anti-Christ feudal lords, strip away or more correctly stated, steal.
Beck doesn't understand the following (Beck's for the churlish):
1 Samuel 25:2-38 KJVR
(2) And there was a man in Maon, whose possessions were in Carmel; and the man was very great, and he had three thousand sheep, and a thousand goats: and he was shearing his sheep in Carmel.
(3) Now the name of the man was Nabal; and the name of his wife Abigail: and she was a woman of good understanding, and of a beautiful countenance: but the man was churlish and evil in his doings; and he was of the house of Caleb.
(4) And David heard in the wilderness that Nabal did shear his sheep.
(5) And David sent out ten young men, and David said unto the young men, Get you up to Carmel, and go to Nabal, and greet him in my name:
(6) And thus shall ye say to him that liveth in prosperity, Peace be both to thee, and peace be to thine house, and peace be unto all that thou hast.
(7) And now I have heard that thou hast shearers: now thy shepherds which were with us, we hurt them not, neither was there ought missing unto them, all the while they were in Carmel.
(8) Ask thy young men, and they will shew thee. Wherefore let the young men find favour in thine eyes: for we come in a good day: give, I pray thee, whatsoever cometh to thine hand unto thy servants, and to thy son David.
(9) And when David's young men came, they spake to Nabal according to all those words in the name of David, and ceased.
(10) And Nabal answered David's servants, and said, Who is David? and who is the son of Jesse? there be many servants now a days that break away every man from his master.
(11) Shall I then take my bread, and my water, and my flesh that I have killed for my shearers, and give it unto men, whom I know not whence they be?
(12) So David's young men turned their way, and went again, and came and told him all those sayings.
(13) And David said unto his men, Gird ye on every man his sword. And they girded on every man his sword; and David also girded on his sword: and there went up after David about four hundred men; and two hundred abode by the stuff.
(14) But one of the young men told Abigail, Nabal's wife, saying, Behold, David sent messengers out of the wilderness to salute our master; and he railed on them.
(15) But the men were very good unto us, and we were not hurt, neither missed we any thing, as long as we were conversant with them, when we were in the fields:
(16) They were a wall unto us both by night and day, all the while we were with them keeping the sheep.
(17) Now therefore know and consider what thou wilt do; for evil is determined against our master, and against all his household: for he is such a son of Belial, that a man cannot speak to him.
(18) Then Abigail made haste, and took two hundred loaves, and two bottles of wine, and five sheep ready dressed, and five measures of parched corn, and an hundred clusters of raisins, and two hundred cakes of figs, and laid them on asses.
(19) And she said unto her servants, Go on before me; behold, I come after you. But she told not her husband Nabal.
(20) And it was so, as she rode on the ass, that she came down by the covert of the hill, and, behold, David and his men came down against her; and she met them.
(21) Now David had said, Surely in vain have I kept all that this fellow hath in the wilderness, so that nothing was missed of all that pertained unto him: and he hath requited me evil for good.
(22) So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
(23) And when Abigail saw David, she hasted, and lighted off the ass, and fell before David on her face, and bowed herself to the ground,
(24) And fell at his feet, and said, Upon me, my lord, upon me let this iniquity be: and let thine handmaid, I pray thee, speak in thine audience, and hear the words of thine handmaid.
(25) Let not my lord, I pray thee, regard this man of Belial, even Nabal: for as his name is, so is he; Nabal is his name, and folly is with him: but I thine handmaid saw not the young men of my lord, whom thou didst send.
(26) Now therefore, my lord, as the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, seeing the LORD hath withholden thee from coming to shed blood, and from avenging thyself with thine own hand, now let thine enemies, and they that seek evil to my lord, be as Nabal.
(27) And now this blessing which thine handmaid hath brought unto my lord, let it even be given unto the young men that follow my lord.
(28) I pray thee, forgive the trespass of thine handmaid: for the LORD will certainly make my lord a sure house; because my lord fighteth the battles of the LORD, and evil hath not been found in thee all thy days.
(29) Yet a man is risen to pursue thee, and to seek thy soul: but the soul of my lord shall be bound in the bundle of life with the LORD thy God; and the souls of thine enemies, them shall he sling out, as out of the middle of a sling.
(30) And it shall come to pass, when the LORD shall have done to my lord according to all the good that he hath spoken concerning thee, and shall have appointed thee ruler over Israel;
(31) That this shall be no grief unto thee, nor offence of heart unto my lord, either that thou hast shed blood causeless, or that my lord hath avenged himself: but when the LORD shall have dealt well with my lord, then remember thine handmaid.
(32) And David said to Abigail, Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, which sent thee this day to meet me:
(33) And blessed be thy advice, and blessed be thou, which hast kept me this day from coming to shed blood, and from avenging myself with mine own hand.
(34) For in very deed, as the LORD God of Israel liveth, which hath kept me back from hurting thee, except thou hadst hasted and come to meet me, surely there had not been left unto Nabal by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
(35) So David received of her hand that which she had brought him, and said unto her, Go up in peace to thine house; see, I have hearkened to thy voice, and have accepted thy person.
(36) And Abigail came to Nabal; and, behold, he held a feast in his house, like the feast of a king; and Nabal's heart was merry within him, for he was very drunken: wherefore she told him nothing, less or more, until the morning light.
(37) But it came to pass in the morning, when the wine was gone out of Nabal, and his wife had told him these things, that his heart died within him, and he became as a stone.
(38) And it came to pass about ten days after, that the LORD smote Nabal, that he died.
Isaiah 32:4-7 KJVR
(4) The heart also of the rash shall understand knowledge, and the tongue of the stammerers shall be ready to speak plainly.
(5) The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful.
(6) For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail.
(7) The instruments also of the churl are evil: he deviseth wicked devices to destroy the poor with lying words, even when the needy speaketh right.
Rupert Murdoch is the churl there. There is no doubt about it.
Glenn Beck also chided the "liberals" and "progressives" for going back and forth with those labels. He doesn't understand that the Progressive Era was big on volunteerism and was not highly focused on so-called Big Government solution or aids.
Yet, he turns around thinking of himself as pretty much a "libertarian" but also uses the term "conservative" as applying to himself. Well, which is it? A libertarian is a civil libertarian, which is a liberal concerning what are called the social issues versus fiscal and monetary. The libertarians of old fought the conservatives, who were the Tories for example.
Beck doesn't turn his spotlight back on his own life.
He went after Teddy Roosevelt but didn't mention Teddy's huge antitrust efforts. Businesses were becoming monopolies strangling others via unfair practices. Would Glenn Beck have us return to that?
Beck also repeatedly used the terms "businessmen" and "businessman" but not business people, as in businesswoman or businesswomen too. That was a conscious thing. Well, Glenn Beck's a Mormon. Mormonism has the women at home being housewives and stay-at-home mothers. There's nothing wrong with being a housewife and stay-at-home mother. In fact, I encourage it. However, there's no libertarianism in coercing the females into such roles. Beck is blurring the distinctions for convenience.
He raised the 1920 recession to say that the Progressives hadn't done a New Deal to improve things and suggesting the recession didn't last long because of that. He didn't mention the runs on the banks and the bailouts and bankster chicanery during that recession, which ruined so many little people. It was a nightmare come to life for millions. The New Deal was designed to prevent that from happening again. Since the New Deal until after the culmination of the Reagan Revolution that was the 2008 crash, the New Deal had done a great job of preventing exactly what it was designed to prevent, which was another 1920 or 1929. It was the roll back of the Glass Steagall Act and also the other deregulation measures and anti-regulation measures that literally allowed the 2008 crash that has ruined so many hardworking and honest little people and others. Brooksley Born warned that 2008 would happen sooner or later if the finance capitalists of Wall Street were not contained and regulated. She was right. The deregulators were wrong and knew it. They used the opportunity to set up the whole economy for a huge plundering modeled on the pattern of old (1929 and before) that Glenn Beck seems to like so much in his "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" mind.
Is Glenn Beck against deposit insurance (FDIC)? Being against it would be consistent with his whole philosophy. Is he against how Savings and Loans were handled by the Big Government during the huge Savings and Loan crisis, itself largely the result of insufficient regulation?
You know, libertarians should be seen as close to populists; but Glenn Beck is under Rupert Murdoch who is about as anti-populist as they come.
Concerning the 1929 crash, he didn't mention the huge bubble that had been blown up by the Wall Street investment banksters acting as regular banks too. The superrich had gotten out though. Rockefeller and Kennedy and others had gotten out. It has been reported that Kennedy was tipped off the crash would be intentionally triggered to benefit the pre-positioned. That's robber baron stuff. That's not fair success. That's actually a huge failure of heart and soul.
Beck didn't mention the robber barons who made it a practice to destroy and devour each other and everyone else in their path. It wasn't those out for the little guy (today's real liberals) who helped orchestrate the railroads slicing and dicing other people's property nearly for free. It was Big Business owning small government.
He didn't mention any of the environmental legislation that hasn't done enough but has done plenty to clean up the air, ground, and water and to prevent them from becoming worse in many cases.
Glenn Beck said not to tell him about your childhood, but then he turned around and told us of his.
He said he worked in his father's bakery when he was seven years old. He didn't mention the many sweatshops and the child labor. Where he didn't work was in a coal mine for 12-14 hours a day 6-7 days a week with no schooling, no disability, no safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, etc.) and at slave wages.
It wasn't the capitalists who voluntarily corrected all those things or even attempted to. It was the progressives and liberals who went right at them and did a great deal to protect the children and others. Why weren't the hearts of the robber barons in the right places in the first place? Then those progressives and liberals wouldn't have felt compelled to coerce.
Is Scrooge before Scrooge's revelation a hero of Glenn Beck? Is Mr. Potter in "It's a Wonderful Life" one of Beck's role models for society?
Beck spoke for about an hour; but in addition to ignoring the overt fraud of the banksters, he never mentioned any of the following (not exhaustive):
- Dragnet warrantless wire tapping of Americans speaking with Americans in America
- Torture of mere suspects
- Extrajudicial assassinations even of U.S. citizens who are also mere suspects if even that
- Martial law and when to apply it if at all
- All the deliberate lies and distortions in the lead-up to the invasion of Iraq
- The firing of U.S. attorneys for purely partisan political purposes and for not going along with attacking the opposition on false charges of voter fraud
- The systematic suppression of the considered views of government scientists concerning global warming and other issues
- The war crimes of Israel against Lebanon and especially Gaza
- The increasingly worse than Apartheid, fascistic, racist nature of Israel (a supposed U.S. ally and the recipient of more U.S. aid per capita by far than any other "nation-state")
So, is Glenn Beck a mind to follow? I say he is not. I say he's misleading. The "conservatives" and "libertarians" and Tea Party members and others should not follow him but should consider all that I have said and follow Jesus's New Commandment as the highest law of all the land and Creation and even existence (including Heaven).
Glenn doesn't like progress toward a one-world government; however, there is this:
Matthew 25:32 KJVR
(32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
That's "all nations" under one rule. It's not the rule of the Rupert Murdochs or the Glenn Becks of this world though. It's not the rule of the John D. Rockefellers or the Mayer Amschal or Nathan Rothschilds either. It's one world under the God of Jesus Christ and rightly so.
Matthew 25:34-46 KJVR
(34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
(35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
(36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
(37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
(38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
(39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
(40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
(41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
(42) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
(43) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
(44) Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
(45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
(46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
That may appear harsh to you; however, you need to understand that Jesus spoke in metaphors. He said "the kingdom is like unto," using frames of reference for those with a limited understanding as reflected by their language. His point is that there are consequences. There is cause and effect. There is righteousness. There is justice. God is real. God is alive and conscious beyond separated-human understanding.
God does not use the means God abhors. Humans do. It's why Jesus never called down the wrath. It is not the spirit of Jesus that cuts his enemies to pieces. Jesus is though separated from the evil ones who do cut each other to pieces.
This is a paradox but is true. It is reconcilable. It is not illogical. It is not irrational. Rooting out evil is not evil. Hypocrisy is evil though. Hence, who may cast the first stone? Warning of impending disaster if the course is maintained is also not stone throwing.
Let me add a few other remarks. Unemployment statistics for the depression following the 1929 crash do not include farming. It's difficult to compare apples and oranges in this regard. The current "official" unemployment rate does not measure the same thing that was measured as unemployment before the Clinton administration altered what types of unemployment went into the total. Clinton's people changed it to make it appear as if his programs were better than they actually were. It was also done to aid him in not taken heat for "welfare" reform. People who have given up looking for work are dropped from the rolls even though they are still unemployed and need and want work. The true unemployment rate right now (Monday, February 22, 2010) is more at 16-18% and getting worse, which it need not.
Full public-employment would be the right thing to do along with nationalizing the Federal Reserve and declaring all Federal Reserve Notes to be United States Notes: the people's interest-free currency. The value of those notes should be exactly pegged in real time (no deviations) to real Main Street productivity (no Wall Street speculating). Then there would be zero inflation or deflation caused by human actions or inactions. Congress would issue notes on automatic pilot for any and all projects desired. There would be no interest on the National Debt. The National Debt would be eliminated by buying up all bonds using USN. Income and other taxes would disappear.
Those are mundane measures given to the hard-hearted. The soft-hearted can move to a moneyless world where everything is decided by consensus of the Holy Spirit of peace, love, and truth as summated by the New Commandment. That level is contained in The Christian Commons Project.
Peace and love, giving and sharing all, and sexual harmlessness at the very least,
For: The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)