- TWITTER-SESSION DIGEST #http://ff.im/-gGxfe..... # February 27, 2010
- JIMMY CARTER'S TRUTH MAKES GEORGE W. BUSH MISERABLE http://ff.im/-gIAuV..... #
- http://bit.ly/cYSA6y..... "Pentagon Loosens Reins Over Facebook, Twitter, Web 2.0 Apps" Ordered psy-ops can be mixed with off-duty personal. #
- http://www.afterdowningstreet......node/50429 Hawaii has a single-payer healthcare system. Other states are working on it. #
- International Whaling Commission proposes commercial whaling to save whales — Orwellian to say the least. #
- Lets save the members of the International Whaling Commission by having commercial hunters hunt and kill them. Make sense? #
- The whales are not going to be saved by hunting and killing them, you serpents; and only the demon-possessed are going to agree with you. #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Cruel but Necessary Opinions in Jerusalem about the Settlements and Obama http://youtu.be/Wa1dlQz7Qso?a..... #
- I subscribed to AntonyLoewenstein's channel on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/An.....re_twitter #
- LEVEL OF SEXUAL IMMATURITY ON FACEBOOK COMING FROM PEOPLE OF MY GENERATION IS ASTOUNDING http://ff.im/-gM0Fw..... #
- "I subscribed to AntonyLoewenstein's channel on YouTube" It's strange that this is only now showing up. I did it days ago. #
- I must be saying the right things. People are unfollowing me on Twitter in droves. #
- If Sheik Mohammed has these superhuman capabilities, how did the incompetent Americans catch him? http://bit.ly/d8EPB7..... #
- Why is the U.S. in Afghanistan? Why was it in Vietnam? Why did it create the Contras of Nicaragua? Why did it turn a blind eye in Indonesia? #
- "China PLA officer urges challenging U.S. dominance" http://www.reuters.com/article.....CC20100301 Just what the world doesn't need #
- "With new fighter in hand, Putin wants modern bombers" http://www.reuters.com/article.....YH20100301 Arms races are evil! #
- Iran's Foreign Minister, Manouchehr Mottaki, says some Western states are promoting lewdness to undermine family life. He's right. They are. #
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said sanctions against Iran must not hurt the Iranian people. What sanctions wouldn't hurt them? #
- Medvedev said Iran's nuclear program has to be under the control of the international community. How about Russia's nuclear program too? #
- Jewish religious law forbids Jews entering the Temple Mount fearing they would profane the Holy of Holies. It's not there though but within. #
- "Brooklyn DA: No criminality caught on ACORN video" The only way for that is if the video was dubbed or something. What aren't they saying? #
- ACORN has had its major problems, but the idea of legitimate community organizing to benefit the poor & oppressed is sound & commendable. #
- "...consumer agency, while housed in the Fed, would have autonomous authority to write consumer regulations...." That's a terrible idea. #
- The Federal Reserve should be nationalized at the very least. #
- On Jimmy Carter, Vietnam & Watergate were recent, energy was a crisis, Paul Volker reined in inflation, & Reagan cheated to get elected. #
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)