- TWITTER-SESSION DIGEST, March 7, 2010 http://ff.im/-h6BHt..... #
- The Money Masters documentary-film entry on the Wikipedia http://ff.im/-h6BHu..... #
- JOHN HAUGHT, DAVID SLOAN WILSON, AND DANIEL DENNETT AS A PANEL DISCUSS RELIGION AND SCIENCE IN 8 PARTS http://ff.im/-h7dWW..... #
- Interview: Shane Claiborne on Looking Like Jesus | Christianpost.com http://ff.im/-h7rGt..... #
- Iraqi Christians Protest Killings | Christianpost.com http://ff.im/-h7rGu..... #
- 'US running intl. network of secret detentions' - Press TV: A United Nations report on the existence http://ff.im/-h7rGw..... #
- What In The World Are They Spraying? By Michael J. Murphy http://ff.im/-h7rGv..... #
- 9/11 Panel Suspected Deception by Pentagon - washingtonpost.com http://ff.im/-h7Frg..... #
- CNN: Conspiracy Theorists Are Potential "Suicide Warriors" & Are Mentally Disturbed http://ff.im/-h7Frb..... #
- Romney: Obama's words support 9/11 truthers abroad | Raw Story http://ff.im/-h7Fra..... #
- [Big Oil, Big Tobaccoo, against so-called Big Wind] Pajamas Media Â» BREAKING: 'Anti-Lobbyist' Obama http://ff.im/-h7Fr9..... #
- AFP: Central Nigeria on red alert after over 100 killed http://ff.im/-h7Frm..... #
- Prognosis 2012: Towards a New World Social Order http://ff.im/-h7TQy..... #
- WE ARE CHANGE http://ff.im/-h7TQr..... #
- 15 Years Ago, the Combined Assets of the 6 Biggest Banks Totaled 17% of GDP... By 2006, 55% ... Now, http://ff.im/-h85Cb..... #
- 100 Percent of Fish in U.S. Streams Found Contaminated with Mercury http://ff.im/-h85BZ..... #
- Al Jazeera English - Middle East - Thousands march in Jerusalem rally http://ff.im/-h8jBh..... #
- I subscribed to davidcnswanson's channel on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/da.....re_twitter #
- Ask These Reps to Oppose Healthcare Bill Unless States Rights (Single-Payer) Language Restored | Aft http://ff.im/-ha40Z..... #
- Death Penalty Links http://ff.im/-ha41m..... #
- Don't go wobbly on us now, Ben Bernanke http://ff.im/-haFXh..... #
- Latin American Herald Tribune - Armed Group Kills 4 People in Central Mexico Bar http://ff.im/-hbl1s..... #
- Arizonans Rise Up to Protest Closing of Highway Rest Stops - NYTimes.com http://ff.im/-hbuTa..... #
- eXiled Alert! An All-Out Drug War Erupts In Mexico: Deadly Firefights, A Prison Raid, Casualties On. http://ff.im/-hbuTb..... #
- I'm now following http://twitter.com/EconPop..... @EconPop I recommend it. So long as it's not racist, Populism is the best ideology going. #
- Barack Obama & Science Czar John Holdren's Communist Party Connections | NewsReal Blog http://ff.im/-hbF1e..... #
- Some American Jews sit out recession in Israel | Reuters http://ff.im/-hbF1d..... #
- Enron Fun with Fannie and Freddie | The Economic Populist http://ff.im/-hbF1g..... #
- Pecora Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://ff.im/-hbF1f..... #
- "Pacifists undermining quest for world peace?" by Hamid Golpira. "This sounds like the slogans from http://ff.im/-hbQ4X..... #
- Israel Set to Join Club of Richest Nations, Monthly Review, 8 March 2010 http://ff.im/-hbQ57..... #
- FACEBOOK THREAD ON HAUGHT, WILSON, AND DENNETT DISCUSSING SCIENCE VERSUS RELIGION http://ff.im/-heSs5..... #
- Attila The Honey Â» Blog Archive Â» Andy Warhol, where are you when I need a good laugh! Part 1 http://ff.im/-hf28e..... #
- ep 142 – Michael Dowd, The New Atheists as God's Prophets Â» The Nick & Josh Podcast http://ff.im/-hfadq..... #
- Compare and contrast - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com http://ff.im/-hfad4..... #
- I'm now following http://twitter.com/OKnox..... @OKnox Olivier Knox is the Congress/Politics Correspondent for Agence France-Presse (AFP). #
- Andrew Sullivan Is Not An Anti-Semite | The New Republic http://ff.im/-hfhoq..... #
- Scholar's Unacceptable Call to Curb Palestinian Births | The Citizen http://ff.im/-hfhoo..... #
- I subscribed to MotherJonesVideo's channel on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Mo.....re_twitter #
- Men's sexual tastes broaden when they are stressed | Science | guardian.co.uk http://ff.im/-hfoUN..... #
- Obama does Bush one better http://ff.im/-hfoUO..... #
- Texas State district judge Kevin Fine ruled the death penalty unconstitutional because innocent people have been executed. That's judging. #
- Greek Protester: "We do not accept having to pay for any capitalist crisis with money coming out of the common citizens...going...offshore." #
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)