- "Obama's Treatment of Israel is Shocking": Ed Koch http://bit.ly/aRJyca..... Land thieves, ethnic cleansers, war criminals, liars, fascists! #
- Pat Buchanan, recall & know that the 1960's race riots were due to unaddressed, real, major, Black grievances & that the "right" does wrong. #
- That last tweet was due to Pat's extremely overcompensating post (http://bit.ly/bwLGnY), as if Blacks weren't reacting to the right-wing. #
- The leaders calling for more sanctions against Iran are deaf and blind to what's right. They aren't being pressed by the MSM to show proof. #
- Iran has a legal right to nuclear energy, even though they should go alternative all the way. The neocon-Zionists are lying about Iran. #
- Granting patents on so-called discovered lifeforms or parts thereof is wrong. http://www.businessweek.com/ap.....P20LO0.htm #
- Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine | Greenpeace http://bit.ly/9pHZ2z..... I've been writing for years, they're Cato. #
- Thanks to Betty Molchany on Facebook for this link: http://bit.ly/aZpDWA..... "The Palestinians made the desert bloom." #
- Thanks to Kevin Zeese on FB: "Wind Power Soared Past 150,000 Megawatts in 2009" http://bit.ly/aV3VRX..... Clean alternatives are the way to go. #
- "Police...accused of...killings, kidnappings and beatings in the North Caucasus,..swelling the ranks of Islamic militants." That's right. #
- Al-Haramain's lawyer, Jon Eisenberg, says U.S. District Court Judge Vaughn Walker found the Terrorist-Surveillance Program unlawful. #
- Barack Obama opened protected areas on the East Coast and in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico to oil and gas drilling. He's a bad steward. #
- Generals & admirals speak against "Don't ask, don't tell," but Lt. Gen. Benjamin Mixon isn't allowed to speak for it? Hypocrisy! #
- "Iran rejects Western charges that its atomic program is aimed at developing bombs and says enrichment is a sovereign right." They're right. #
- Where's the call for the neocons to first prove Iran has been doing anything wrong at all? Neocons are pathetic liars, & Obama is shameful. #
- Tony Blair's secret dealings with South Korean oil firm UI Energy Corp | Mail Online http://ff.im/ivq1a..... #
- "HAS TERRORISM SUCCEEDED," by Dr. Mahathir Mohamad - Che Det http://ff.im/ivq0B..... #
- "The Passion of the Christ: not the gospel truth," by Alex von Tunzelmann. guardian.co.uk. Thursday http://ff.im/ivwI5..... #
- Tony Blair got cash for deal with South Korean oil firm | Politics | guardian.co.uk http://ff.im/ivwIw..... #
- I'm now following http://twitter.com/TFFworldaff.....airs @TFFworldaffairs #
- "Passing on the Risk to the Taxpayer: When the Banks Own the Congress," by Ralph Nader. CounterPunch http://ff.im/ivGWq..... #
- "Passing on the Risk to the Taxpayer: When the Banks Own the Congress," by Ralph Nader. CounterPunch http://ff.im/ivGVW..... #
- Tony Blair got cash for deal with South Korean oil firm | Politics | guardian.co.uk http://ff.im/ivGWb..... #
- "The Passion of the Christ: not the gospel truth," by Alex von Tunzelmann. guardian.co.uk. Thursday http://ff.im/ivGWo..... #
- "How likely is it...owners would...allow their...newspaper, radio or TV station to criticise...capitalism?" #
- Global Climate Coalition was fuel/auto cos & Burson-Marsteller (PR) using lies to trash global-warming scientists. http://bit.ly/93bfVM..... #
- Here's another evil group: "The Foundation for Clean Air Progress" controlled by the American Petroleum Institute. http://bit.ly/ckIzRD..... #
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)