- Keiser Report: Special Greenspan Bubble edition http://ff.im/jbYmy about 1 hour ago via FriendFeed
- Keiser Report №34: Markets! Finance! Scandal! http://ff.im/jbYng about 1 hour ago via FriendFeed
- RT @stacyherbert 57% of tea party members hold favorable opinion of George W. Bush http://bit.ly/bGpkKN Yep, true renegades, all against deficit spending. 7:39 AM Apr 17th via web Retweeted by you and 2 others
- Following http://twitter.com/maxkeiser @maxkeiser http://www.maxkeiser.com/ Hosts: "Keiser Report," RussiaToday; "On The Edge," PressTV about 11 hours ago via web
- I'm now following http://twitter.com/StacyHerbert @StacyHerbert http://maxkeiser.com/ MaxKeiser.com, On the Edge, The Keiser Report, ... about 12 hours ago via web
- Press TV-On the edge with Max Keiser -04-02-2010 (part2) http://ff.im/jaP2f about 19 hours ago via FriendFeed
- Press TV-On the edge with Max Keiser -04-09-2010 (part 1) http://ff.im/jaP2g about 19 hours ago via FriendFeed
- Press TV-On the edge with Max Keiser -04-09-2010 (part 3) http://ff.im/jaP2p about 19 hours ago via FriendFeed
- Press TV-On the edge with Max Keiser -04-02-2010 (part3) http://ff.im/jaP2q about 19 hours ago via FriendFeed
- Press TV-On the edge with Max Keiser -04-09-2010 (part2) http://ff.im/jaP2k about 19 hours ago via FriendFeed
- Press TV-On the edge with Max Keiser -04-02-2010 (part 1) http://ff.im/jaP2d about 19 hours ago via FriendFeed
- RT @Mondoweiss Will liberal Zionists come around to BDS? Magnes Zionist gives 13 reasons he thinks they should - http://bit.ly/cNP4Vy 12:37 PM Apr 18th via TweetDeck Retweeted by you and 3 others
- National Broadband Plan http://www.ombwatch.org/node/10856 If technology is developed from a truly unselfish spirit, it's not evil. 12:40 PM Apr 18th via web
- The Public Costs of Not Regulating Products http://ff.im/jaadL 12:02 PM Apr 18th via FriendFeed
- I'm now following http://twitter.com/ombwatch @ombwatch http://www.ombwatch.org/ OMB Watch (open government, accountability...) 11:04 AM Apr 18th via web
- RT @OMBWatch EPA to Limit Mountaintop Mining: http://www.ombwatch.org/node/10900 2:38 PM Apr 6th via web Retweeted by you
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, First Inaugural Address, Saturday, March 4, 1933 http://bit.ly/aVHKpQ @AddToAny Have you every read it? 11:53 PM Apr 17th via AddToAny
- President Franklin Roosevelt 1933 Inauguration http://ff.im/j9wZD 11:40 PM Apr 17th via FriendFeed
- If Obama is serious, he'll void Gramm-Leach-Bliley (the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999). Otherwise, he can't tie FDR's shoes. 10:25 PM Apr 17th via web
- We have children running the planet. Actually, that's an insult to children. An average group of 5-year-olds could make wiser choices. 9:54 PM Apr 17th via web
- Oh for Pete's sake, if this is proof enough to attack Iran than anyone can attack anyone for anything. Grow Up! http://bit.ly/cAvkPt 9:52 PM Apr 17th via web
- "Iran...is deepening...nuclear weapons capabilities. We don't [know]...they'll...build them." — David Albright, ISIS idiocy. No Sanctions! 9:46 PM Apr 17th via web
- Unless Global Zero always qualifies statements vis-a-vis Iran, I will not sign their petition but will still stand against nuclear weapons. 9:10 PM Apr 17th via web
- It turns my stomach when people refer to Iran as a nuclear-weapons problem when those people have never substantiated the claim. 9:07 PM Apr 17th via web
- I'm 100% for Zero nuclear weapons, but I'm 100% against people claiming Iran is constructing nuclear weapons when there's Zero Proof. 9:06 PM Apr 17th via web
- Keith's not perfect, but he's right on nuclear weapons. Also, don't fall for neocon lies about Ahmadinejad & Iran. http://bit.ly/b2zB5p 8:39 PM Apr 17th via web
- Following http://twitter.com/globalzero @globalzero http://www.globalzero.org Zero Nuclear Weapons: Worldwide Nuclear Disarmament Movement! 8:34 PM Apr 17th via web
- Bill Clinton says don't "demonize." Then tell them to do what's right rather than sucking up to banksters. Repent while you're at it, Bill. 7:28 PM Apr 17th via web
- Stop making sick excuses for greedy, violent, depraved Zionists, Barbara Boxer! Support the wiser Jews who are against the evil of Zionism. 2:46 PM Apr 17th via web
- The world has been waiting decades for Zionist-Israel to stop systematically murdering, and stealing from, Palestinians. The time is over. 2:44 PM Apr 17th via web
- It is far from America's or the world's righteous interest to back racist, ethnic-cleansing, war-criminals refusing to repent & atone. 2:37 PM Apr 17th via web
- "Israel continues to be the one true democracy in the Middle East." That's a lie. Israel is a highly ethnic-class-based society and worse. 2:34 PM Apr 17th via web
- Barbara Boxer's letter about Israel stinks to High Heaven http://bit.ly/cep08H 76 bought-off U.S. Senators have signed on — for shame. 2:30 PM Apr 17th via web
- I'm now following @HIPAA_explained HIPAA.com: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 10:49 AM Apr 17th via web
- I'm now following @TVCWASH http://www.traditionalvalues.org/ Traditional Values 12:57 AM Apr 17th via web
- Facebook in Germany: Minister Slams Site Over Privacy - TIME http://bit.ly/bDjI3z @AddToAny 6:48 PM Apr 16th via AddToAny
- Where Do Your Tax Dollars Go? - TaxDay 2010 | National Priorities Project http://bit.ly/9wNEWo @AddToAny 6:45 PM Apr 16th via AddToAny
- Court Drives FCC Towards Nuclear Option to Regulate Broadband | Epicenter | Wired.com http://bit.ly/azCVVR @AddToAny 6:40 PM Apr 16th via AddToAny
- Twitter-Sessions Digest, April 4-16, 2010 http://bit.ly/bEfsHb @AddToAny 5:57 PM Apr 16th via AddToAny
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)