- The Tea Partiers don't trust government. Do they remember all the corporate scandals? Government is controlled by the banksters. Break that. about 9 hours ago via web
- The Tea Party Movement isn't talking about false-flag attacks, illegal wars, torture, spying, or the bankster-caused economic crash, etc. about 9 hours ago via web
- Where's the outrage over all the lies in the lead-up to the invasion of Iraq? Where's the outrage over torture and illegal domestic spying? about 9 hours ago via web
- Yak, yak, yak about less government. Where's the outrage over 9/11 and WTC 7 coming down in a sickeningly obvious controlled demolition? about 9 hours ago via web
- The Folly of Attacking Iran: Lessons from History http://ff.im/jdwPl about 15 hours ago via FriendFeed
- Congress Members Urge Timeline for Military Withdrawal from Afghanistan http://ff.im/jdwPm about 15 hours ago via FriendFeed
- I'm now following http://twitter.com/justfp @justfp http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/ Just Foreign Policy about 16 hours ago via web
- RT justfp Karzai declares reconciliation with Taliban leaders should be centerpiece of efforts to end conflict in #Afghanistan http://bit.ly/ckSbeh 10:08 AM Jan 28th via bit.ly Retweeted by you
- I'm now following: http://twitter.com/LikeTheDew @LikeTheDew http://likethedew.com/ Progressive Southern (Southeast US) Culture and Politics about 21 hours ago via web
- Max Keiser Discusses Goldman Sachs Market Meltdown Con on Alex Jones Tv 1/5 http://ff.im/jciCT 1:31 AM Apr 20th via FriendFeed
- Alex Jones: Search Engine Giant Censors Alex Jones Material for "Promoting Violence?" http://ff.im/jciCH 1:31 AM Apr 20th via FriendFeed
- Max Keiser Discusses Goldman Sachs Market Meltdown Con on Alex Jones Tv 2/5 http://ff.im/jciCN 1:31 AM Apr 20th via FriendFeed
- "Ben Bernanke: Time to shift from stimulus to federal deficit" / The Christian Science Monitor http://bit.ly/c0fPiQ via @AddToAny 11:33 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- PDF Summary: The Wall Street Transparency & Accountability Act of 2010 http://bit.ly/am3UAY via @AddToAny 11:30 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- Germany mulls legal action against Goldman Sachs | Business | Deutsche Welle | 18.04.2010 http://bit.ly/aG2FCV via @AddToAny 11:26 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- Brown Says He Wants Special Investigation of Goldman Sachs - BusinessWeek http://bit.ly/a7Gk0w via @AddToAny 11:23 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- Ecuador threatens to take over foreign oil firms | Reuters http://bit.ly/dbuQ7Y via @AddToAny 11:18 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- "Hillary Clinton - supreme commander of Israel?" by Earl Cox. http://bit.ly/deiA2B via @AddToAny 11:14 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- World Jewish Congress - Full Text of Letter from Ronald S. Lauder to President Obama http://bit.ly/9doPU8 via @AddToAny 11:10 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- President Franklin Roosevelt's 1933 Inauguration Audio/Video http://bit.ly/9wp943 via @AddToAny 11:01 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- LA's ex-gangsters train to go against gang life http://bit.ly/axPJ2T via @AddToAny 10:57 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- The Tea Party Crowd Needs to Wake Up to Who the Real Villains Are | http://bit.ly/du9ITj via @AddToAny 10:53 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- Richard Falk Salutes UC Berkeley Divestment http://bit.ly/bsn6k7 Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) against Israel http://bdsmovement.net 10:48 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- Are Establishment Republicans Turning Against Fox? - Newsweek.com http://bit.ly/cTT39V via @AddToAny 10:39 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- Where Do Your Tax Dollars Go? - TaxDay 2010 | National Priorities Project http://bit.ly/9wNEWo via @AddToAny 10:20 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- Facebook in Germany: Minister Slams Site Over Privacy - TIME http://bit.ly/bDjI3z via @AddToAny 10:18 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
- Twitter-Sessions Digest, April 16-19, 2010 http://bit.ly/aj85F1 via @AddToAny 9:17 PM Apr 19th via AddToAny
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)