- The Progressive Movement is Officially Dead | FDL Action
- Insanely shortsighted and selfish: "Obama won't back off drilling plans, but pledges safeguards" | McClatchy
- Insane move to somewhat copycat AZ's unconstitutional, anti-Mexican law: "SC Lawmakers, Including F
- Arizona Ethnic Studies Classes Banned, Teachers With Accents Can No Longer Teach English
- Drill, Idiotic & Greedy Serpents, Drill. Still Anti-Environmentalism, Tea Partiers?: "Louisiana Oil
- Most Dangerous: Germany provides Dolphin nuclear submarines to Israel
- Obama nominates 3 to Federal Reserve board The Fed - MarketWatch
- By the Maps: Understanding Israel's Increasing Grip On Jerusalem
- "The Future of Palestine: Righteous Jews vs. the New Afrikaners" with Professor John J. Mearsheimer
- "The Future of Palestine: Righteous Jews vs. the New Afrikaners" with Professor John J. Mearsheimer
- New World Order Being Taught In Schools!
- Barofsky Says Criminal Charges Possible in Alleged AIG Coverup - Bloomberg.com
- Toplines - FDA - April 23-24, 2010 - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢
- Drone Pilots Could Be Tried for 'War Crimes,' Law Prof Says | Danger Room | Wired.com
- Poll: Majority of Israel's Jews back gag on rights groups - Haaretz - Israel News
- America Is Losing Its Imperial Status, And Global Institutions Such As The IMF, G20 And BIS Are Fill
- No Idea How To Stop Oil Leaking From Exploded Oil Rig! "It's An Incredible Catastrophe!"
- Fascistic Direction: "Arizona Enacts Stringent Law on Immigration" - NYTimes.com
- Full Text of Arizona SB 1070 "safe neighborhoods; immigration; law enforcement"
- Tell the Banksters, "No Mas": "Deficit panel leader says Obama will OK findings"
- Gamed for Millennia: "Portugal Faces Carve-Up by Financial Speculators" - IPS ipsnews.net
- THE U.S. ECONOMIC CRASH OF 2008 IN A NUT SHELL – REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH
- CORRUPTING CAPITALIST SYSTEM IS THE PROBLEM WITH INFLATION: ANTICHRIST – REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHUR
- Obama still in hip pocket of banksters: "William Black explains the "F-word" of banking"
- We must look back: "Max Keiser takes offense to Goldman Sachs story" (pt1 of 2)
- End the Fed: "Goldman Goes Rogue – Special European Audit To Follow," By Simon Johnson Â« The Baselin
- FT.com / Europe - Bundestag wants investors to share pain
- Clean the Temple: "US STOCKS-Greece, Goldman sink futures" | Reuters
- Change, Serpents: "Greek Debt Crisis: How Goldman Sachs Helped Greece to Mask its True Debt" - SPIEG
- National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform - Wikipedia
- Europe May Need 150 Billion Euros For Greece, Goldman Sachs Says - BusinessWeek
- Larry Summers: "mistakes were made," but not by me | BanksterUSA
- Unraveling the Profit Puzzle at Goldman Sachs | PBS NewsHour | Feb. 11, 2010 | PBS
- "Raincoats, ponchos, waterproof socks, and terrorists," freefahad.com| The Case
- "Warren Buffett, Berkshire, and derivatives: Economic-hypocrite" "Buffett, a Longtime Derivatives Cr
- "Skokie Nazi Jews in East Jerusalem," "Rightists march in Silwan, Arabs throw stones" - Israel News, Ynetnews
- David Suzuki: "Geoengineering is insane" | H.O.M.E.
- Whistleblower Bradley Birkenfeld: Some U.S. pols kept off-shore accounts with UBS
- t r u t h o u t | Soldiers in "WikiLeaks" Unit Apologize for Violence
- DN! [In Israel Hitler Lives On!] Palestinians Face Mass Deportations
- "'Tea party' activists: Do they hate liberals more than they love liberty?" by Jim Bovard. CSM.
- TPMDC Saturday Roundup
- Bolivia's Morales: Eating Chicken Makes You Gay?
- European Union: Protest Sanctions Against Judge GarzÃ³n | Human Rights Watch
- USA and Spain: Charges Against Spanish Investigative Judge Must Be Dropped
- E-mails suggest Goldman profited in housing collapse
- Phil Gordon - Not in my state: Anti-immigration law doesn't reflect the beliefs of Arizona's people
- Truck driver forced to show birth certificate claims racial-profiling
- Hispanics fear profiling under immigration law
- The BRAD BLOG : Napolitano's Move to the Obama Administration Would be a Nightmare Come True for AZ.
- "Bombshell: Silverstein Wanted To Demolish Building 7 On 9/11," by Paul Joseph Watson. Prison Planet.com. Friday, April 23, 2010.
- "Clinton Advisor: Reno Threatened To 'Tell The Truth About Waco' If Not Reappointed To Office," Pres
- Protecting the Tea Party Image Â« American Majority
- Israeli soldiers stand near a poster reading "Obama! No You Can't!" in the West Bank - West Bank Set
- SHIT LIST...7000+ Self-Hating Israel-Threatening Jews
- ISNA - 04-13-2010 - 89/1/24 - Service: / Foreign Policy / News ID: 1518940
- Why Israel jailed me for 'talking too much' / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
- "Galloway launches Summer University of Palestine," Viva Palestina
- The grim consequences of CRB mistakes - Big Brother Watch
- "Benazir's killers to be brought to people's court" - TheNews.com.pk
- Germany set to sell Israel submarines
- Virginia Revokes Hitler-Saluting License Plate - License Plates - Jalopnik
- Leftists to Elie Wiesel: Occupied Jerusalem can't be holy - Haaretz - Israel News
- Frontline Fronts for Corporations, Not the Public | The Public Record
- Obama Heckled by Gay Marriage Advocates at Barbara Boxer Fund Raiser (Video) - Associated Content -.
- Senator Blanche Lincoln's Derivatives Reform Bill Must Pass Â» New Deal 2.0
- "Keynes versus Hayek," by Henry C. K. Liu. "Myrdal would later publish an article advocating the abo
- Hey, Tea Party, wake up and smell the brimstone. Latvia is being devastated by greedy Neolib-Neocons
- Iceland can refuse debt servitude | Michael Hudson
- Red Ice Radio - Birgitta Jonsdottir - Pt 1 - Financial War Against Iceland
- EPIC - Whole Body Imaging Technology and Body Scanners ("Backscatter" X-Ray and Millimeter Wave Scre
- BLOG – REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH
- Like Button - Facebook Developers
- Facebook Accounts for Half Social Traffic; StumbleUpon 2X Twitter
- Is the New Facebook a Deal With the Devil?
- British citizens face being subjected to secret 'Big Brother' spying missions
- Indian Tribe Wins Fight to Limit Research of Its DNA - NYTimes.com
- Raw Video: Oil rig fire rages on
- "Introducing the MV Rachel Corrie"
- Senators Back Plan to Make Banks Spin Off Swaps Desk (Update1) - Bloomberg.com
- The IMF's bank-tax proposals: Squeezing the piggy-banks | The Economist
- "Mitch McConnell Gets it Wrong," by Robert Reich. Roubini Global Economics. April 20, 2010.
- Global warming evidence all around us
- Designed to Fail - WyattResearch.com
- Planet 100: Climate Induced Volcanoes (4/19)
- Can Regulations Curb Greed? by Jim Fitzgerald | LikeTheDew.com
- Religious Freedom Peace Tax Fund Act | THOMAS (Library of Congress)
- Debunking the Precious Metals Fear Mongering Campaign - xPat — Seeking Alpha
- Nightmare Mortgages
- "Tavakoli: ProPublica's 'Untold' Magnetar Story Creates Excuses for Wall St and Washington," by Stac
- Clinton Says Rubin, Summers Advice on Derivatives Was 'Wrong' - Bloomberg.com
- Stan O'Neal Builds a Straw Man | The Big Picture
- FCC chief Julius Genachowski faces broadband dilemma - USATODAY.com
- Pirate My Film
- 57% Have More Trust In Those In Congress Who Voted Against Bailouts - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢
- "Ben Bernanke: Time to shift from stimulus to federal deficit" / The Christian Science Monitor
- PDF Summary: The Wall Street Transparency & Accountability Act of 2010
- Germany mulls legal action against Goldman Sachs | Business | Deutsche Welle | 18.04.2010
- Brown Says He Wants Special Investigation of Goldman Sachs - BusinessWeek
- Ecuador threatens to take over foreign oil firms | Reuters
- "Hillary Clinton - supreme commander of Israel?" by Earl Cox.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)