- Twitter-Session Digest for: May 3, 2010 http://bit.ly/c5W3ng..... REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH #
- Debunking Monckton Part 2 (updated) http://ff.im/jJU8n..... #
- The Communicators: Michael Copps http://ff.im/jJU8m..... #
- 32000 Scientists http://ff.im/jJW4Y..... #
- The "race card" and "death panels," the AZ-immigration so-called law and healthcare-reform analogy doesn't work http://bit.ly/dyXIVb..... #
- Rich Siegel "In Palestine" Part 2 The Songwriters Speak http://ff.im/jMfoI..... #
- Rich Siegel "In Palestine" Part 1 Dedication and Song http://ff.im/jMfoJ..... #
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called nuclear weapons "disgusting and shameful." Hallelujah! He is not pursuing nukes, liars. So, shut your mouths. #
- Ahmadinejad is speaking truth to power on nuclear weapons. He is on the right side on it. Hillary Clinton is being the fool. She will lose. #
- Hillary, Mahmoud is smarter than you are. He has you on the defensive where you are going to stay until you repent of your warmongering. #
- Barack Obama signed a deal with Russia, but Obama is pushing to spend much more money on a new generation of despicable nuclear weapons. #
- Follow the money to the weapons manufacturers & allied industries bleeding people of tax dollars as nothing else, except for the wicked Fed. #
- Stupid, lying newspapers say the Pakistani Taliban have al Qaeda connections when no evidence has ever been forthcoming: mass brainwashing. #
- People these "newspapers" consult as so-called "experts" & who claim the Taliban is al Qaeda are Zionist-Neocon liars: Mossad/CIA shills. #
- Brian Fishman, New American Foundation, links al Qaeda and the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan. Prove it, Brian. Show us the evidence, Zionists. #
- CIA-drone operators are baby killers. All the lies trying to rationalize the current use of drones amounts to a stinking heap of dung. #
- Those who order the CIA-drone operators are only worse baby-killers. #
- Americans sit by, getting drunk, traveling around having "fun" while the innocent are slaughtered and turned into wrathful fighters. #
- Rich Siegel "In Palestine" Part 1 Dedication and Song http://ff.im/jMfoJ..... #
- Mahmud Abbas doesn't represent the duly elected government of Palestine. Hamas does. He took Israeli money & weapons to fight Hamas & lost. #
- Mahmud Abbas also shilled for the Likudniks against the Goldstone Report. Talks without Hamas are immoral, shameful Neocon-Zionists: racism. #
- When Somali pirates learned Hezb al-Islam was coming to enforce sharia in Harardhere, those pirates fled. It's like Afghani poppy farmers. #
- The leaders of the worst drug gang in Mexico were trained by the U.S. military. Who's laundering the drug money, banksters? You know it. #
- UN Sec. Gen. Ban Ki-moon said, "The onus is on Iran to clarify the doubts and concerns about its program." No, the burden is the accusers'. #
- Ahmadinejad catches on. He said Iran's accusers have failed "to provide a single credible proof to sustain their allegations." That's it! #
- Lying Western newspapers say Iran started its nuclear program in secret. The U.S. started it, and the IAEA knew all about it all along. #
- Henry Paulson, Bush's Sec. Treas., begged on his knees for the $700 billion TARP he used to bailout AIG to save Goldman Sachs, his buddies. #
- Who cares whether Congress has "an appetite immediately to dive into another controversial issue." It's their job, bunch of babies. #
- Don't talk like Populists. Be Populists. Don't check polls. Change minds. Educate people. Nationalize the Fed! Convert to interest-free $'s. #
- If no nation were imperialistic, what would the world be like? Would it be better? Every imperialistic bit hurts. #
- Is the US creating the "eternal" enemies the Military-Industrial Complex wants and needs? It's trying. #
- Just learned of Obama's asinine Predator Drone joke from an FB friend. Barack, you've been a monstrous, unfeeling, moron. http://is.gd/bT1Op..... #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)