- Facebook Links for: Sunday, May 9, 2010 http://bit.ly/c14UWP..... #
- Twitter-Session Digest for: May 9, 2010 http://bit.ly/a0UDC8..... via @AddToAny #
- "Pentagon tries aroma therapy to ease combat stress" Try no combat. It works better. #
- Marcy Winograd Debates Jane Harman, Harman Flees From Stage http://ff.im/k68ft..... #
- Massey deep miner reveals Massey practices underground http://ff.im/k68fp..... #
- Israel Bans the Basics of Life http://ff.im/k6ad9..... #
- Ring of Fire Exclusive Oil Spill Coverage - Pt. 1/4 http://ff.im/k6ad8..... #
- The Deepwater Horizon disaster was not an Act of God but of greedy oil-industry devils. Obama did not want it to happen. He's not green. #
- Renewable Energy Solution of the Month - Wind http://ff.im/k6cyQ..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 1 http://ff.im/k6eBO..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 2 http://ff.im/k6gC7..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 3 http://ff.im/k6iBy..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 4 http://ff.im/k6k6i..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 6 http://ff.im/k6nuy..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 5 http://ff.im/k6nuz..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 7 http://ff.im/k6qEB..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 8 http://ff.im/k6wkR..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 9 http://ff.im/k6wkQ..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 10 http://ff.im/k6yxU..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 11 http://ff.im/k6AYb..... #
- Invisible Empire Part 12 http://ff.im/k6DoB..... #
- Homosexual Elena Kagan thinks anti-homosexual-marriage laws are unconstitutional. Will a Senator raise it during the confirmation hearing?
- The neoliberal policies against Haiti made it a basket case. Now the neolibs are going to contaminate Haiti even more with toxic pesticides. #
- American liberals are culpable. The US is murdering merely supposed suspects reported almost always as positively identified militants. #
- It's a shame what the neocons and neolibs have done to Iraq. It was all unnecessary & is still backfiring. #
- With mining disasters in America, China, and Russia, who's receiving the message? #
- New Labour Party and Liberal Democrats versus Liberal Democrats and Conservatives is hardly debatable. It's Labour-Liberals. #
- Well, I read in the mainstream news that Elena Kagan is an "out" lesbian. Now I'm reading that it's not known. What is going on? #
- Eric Holder wants not to Mirandize terror suspects. Miranda is to help protect against abuse. So he wants to be able to abuse people. #
- The fastest way to the top is the bottom. #
- BP's keeping the ingredients of the oil dispersants a secret is illegal. No one has a right to dump secret ingredients into our oceans. #
- It's easy to be popular, just lie. #
- The Social Democrat wing of the Liberal Democrats just got shafted by the Libertarian wing. Say goodbye to social welfare, suckers. #
- Brilliant Britons: The move to deregulation by the right caused the crash, and what do the people vote for but moving further to the right. #
- Israeli's fascist Foreign Minister, Avigdor Lieberman, criticizes North Korea for selling weapons, but Israel is a huge weapons exporter. #
- Hey, Avigdor, sign a mutual total-disarmament pact with every nation in the world rather than just endlessly shooting off your mouth. #
- AZ Gov. Jan Brewer signed a bill against ethnic studies she claims promote ethnic solidarity & resentment against Whites. #
- There's nothing wrong with the right kind of ethnic solidarity, & resentment against Whites who are racists is certainly understandable. #
- What Jan Brewer ought to teach is the truth including that there have been, & still are, racist Whites & that it's best not to be bitter. #
- It has to get a lot worse before it gets better; but even though it has gotten much worse, people aren't banding in real righteousness. #
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) said, "The production of energy will never be without...environmental consequence." That's an oil-industry lie. #
- In favor of oil money & in the face of a massive oil leak, Lisa Murkowski's "environmental consequence" statement says windmills are bad. #
- The oil lobby is telling the Senator's staffs how oil-Senators should dance around with words. Clean energy is doable, so knock it subtly. #
- May, 1 12th of the year, is designated by Obama as "Jewish American Heritage Month." How many whatever-Americans are thusly ignored? Money! #
- Andrew Sullivan is not alone in wanting to know but for different reasons: Elena Kagan and homosexuality question http://bit.ly/ajob7s..... #
- "87% Say English Should Be U.S. Official Language." If that means that there can't be Spanish-version ballots, it's needlessly phobic. #
- 40% of US voters say good citizen & patriot are the same thing. Is a patriot one who stands against waterboarding & other forms of torture? #
- Deepwater Disaster Blues http://ff.im/kfHZO..... #
- Life in Iraq was bad under Saddam Hussein. It's even worse now for many. The US invasion & occupation have been nothing short of criminal. #
- "U.S. military strategists are...shifting gears...large-scale counterinsurgency efforts cost too much and last too long." Who didn't know? #
- "...the Pentagon thinks it must train local populations to fight insurgents." The Pentagon is stupid. #
- Iran will show the world how it's done if it releases the "hikers" to their mothers when they visit Iran. If only the US were that gracious. #
- Hamas should do as Dmitry Medvedev suggests. Release Gilad Shalit without any strings attached. Show up (reveal) Zionism a million fold. #
- Deregulation allowed financial meltdown & the Deepwater Horizon leak. Ronald Reagan fronted for the anti-New Deal frenzy. It's been idiotic. #
- A Roman Catholic school didn't take an 8-year-old of lesbian "parents." Lesbianism is against RC teachings. It's protected free exercise. #
- The Bill of Rights doesn't "establish" atheism/agnosticism. It guarantees the free exercise of religion. Do homosexuals want to overturn it? #
- The oil leak hasn't dimmed public's desire for offshore drilling: Associated Press-GfK Poll. No wonder the world is going to Hell: Stupid!!! #
- Independents are shifting against Democrats but don't like Republicans but will vote for them rather than an alternative party. Sleeping! #
- 37 Senators voted for Ron Paul's H.R. 1207 language to audit the Fed. 96 voted for Bernie Sanders' reportedly severely watered-down version. #
- Ron Paul said "[A]greements with foreign central banks are not touched by the new Sanders Amendment language": bad, weak, and caved. Shame. #
- The more US Attorney General Eric Holder talks, the more I'm reminded of John Ashcroft. #
- Do you really think there aren't people still being hung on the walls of dark CIA dungeons who are totally innocent and dying? #
- AZ Gov. Jan Brewer bans ethnic studies supposedly teaching hate. How about modifying the "questionable parts" instead of wholesale banning? #
- Offshore oil drilling has been insane from inception: Deepwater Disaster Blues http://bit.ly/c3PQXN..... via @AddToAny #
- Obama should keep his promise against commercial whaling, but he doesn't care http://bit.ly/bQHWVu..... #
- Palestinian infant dies after inhaling teargas fired by IOF (Israeli Occupation Forces) http://bit.ly/aNetQ0..... #
- Greens Take Aim at Offshore Drilling Allowance in Senate's New Climate Bill | SolveClimate.com http://bit.ly/dxq0Gi..... #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)