- Twitter-Session Digest for: May 17, 2010 - REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH http://bit.ly/dotUl5..... #
- "56% Still Want to Repeal Health Care Law" Rasmussen Reports won't show cross-tabs for free. Show how many of the 56% are for single-payer? #
- Israel Interrogates Chomsky, Denies Entry into West Bank to Give Talk @ University http://ff.im/kuEB4..... #
- GPS tracker with Microphone for Children http://ff.im/kuFPj..... #
- Norman Finkelstein in Berkeley 5-13-10 (Part 3) http://ff.im/kuUpP..... #
- Norman Finkelstein in Berkeley 5-13-10 (Part 1) http://ff.im/kuUpR..... #
- Norman Finkelstein in Berkeley 5-13-10 (Part 2) http://ff.im/kuUpQ..... #
- Norman Finkelstein in Berkeley 5-13-10 (Part 4) http://ff.im/kuV7F..... #
- Finkelstein6.wmv http://ff.im/kv0Sd..... #
- Norman Finkelstein in Berkeley 5-13-10 (Part 5) http://ff.im/kv0Se..... #
- With various nations & US states "sanctioning" homosexual "marriages," it won't be long before the pedophiles start demanding equal rights. #
- Hamas bulldozed houses. Were they illegal? The report didn't say. It also said Hamas seized power. Wrong! Hamas was elected, twisting AP. #
- Concerning the Iran-Turkey nuclear deal, Israel is doing what it always does and that's make excuses for being anti-Iranian. #
- Whether Iran has continued stockpiling enriched uranium, Iran can do it under the NPT, which Zionists have been too evil to sign. #
- According to morons, Jesus' calling is less noble than killing people. "Kagan praised military service as 'the noblest of all professions'." #
- If the Zionists haven't stolen Palestinian land via terrorism and ethnic cleansing, then the Nazis didn't execute Jews. #
- Don't rebuke Zionists. They deserve politeness & comfort. They're sensitive after the holocaust, and your eyelids are getting heavier.... #
- The more I read opinions of famous syndicated columnists, the more I know most are paid to write junk. They have LexisNexis subscriptions? #
- Atheism, God, righteousness, Heaven, Satan, punishment, Hell, offenses, Jesus, Paul, and worldly rulers - RLCC http://bit.ly/dxuLZO..... #
- Facebook Links for: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 - REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH http://bit.ly/cOwuFE..... #
- Governments [US and Israeli] Use [lying] Military Personnel to Justify Killing, by Charles E. Carl - RLCC http://bit.ly/984jiF.....
- Governments [US and Israeli] Use [lying] Military Personnel to Justify Killing, by Charles E. Carlson - REAL LIBERAL http://bit.ly/9cztkk..... #
- Israel Interrogates Chomsky, Denies Entry into West Bank to Give Talk at University - REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH http://bit.ly/dzPEjO..... #
- GPS tracker with Microphone for Children [including teenagers], by Mark Dice - REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH http://bit.ly/audY4n..... #
- Christina Aguilera's Satanic, Bisexual, Bondage [Greedy] Music Video – REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH http://bit.ly/bxKnbG..... #
- Norman Finkelstein speaking at UC Berkeley, promoting his book on the 2008-2009 Gaza massacre - REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN http://bit.ly/bnAskM..... #
- Greece: The Curse of Three Generations of Papandreous [Voltaire] - REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH http://bit.ly/9h3hMd..... #
- Devil's con: Greek Prime Minister Says Will Probe U.S. Banks – REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH http://bit.ly/d7F3Hw..... #
- 1,000 Dead Americans in Afghanistan [HD] - REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH http://bit.ly/bF2x0S..... #
- "64% [still] Favor Offshore Oil Drilling." People are so selfish & uninformed/unconcerned about the consequences now & for posterity. #
- "Coast Guard: Despite BP efforts, Gulf oil spill is getting worse" #
- Rand Paul says, "You don't see Cuba having the immense wealth we have." Would that have been the case without sanctions? No it would not. #
- Rand Paul said, "government...needs to be regulated. It's the Federal Reserve that needs to be restrained...," as is the Fed is government. #
- The Federal Reserve is not the government. It's a private organization, not the public government, not the people's government. #
- If Rand Paul thinks unbridled Wall Street banksters weren't responsible for deregulation and the crash, he's an economic-political airhead. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)