- Twitter-Session Digest for: May 23, 2010 - REAL LIBERAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH http://bit.ly/9spFa0..... #
- If Anwar Al-Awlaki is calling for killing US civilians, let him fail as the unrepentant US is failing for murdering millions of civilians. #
- Where is this Anwar Al-Awlaki video? Show me. #
- Scheherezade Faramarzi of the Associated Press writes news articles that are really editorials, not both sides. Still, Iran should not kill. #
- Read this from Scheherezade Faramarzi of the Associated Press. Consider that Iran is not allowed to rebut it in the AP. #
- Australian police have no doubt that Mossad assassinated Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai. http://bit.ly/b8CpC8..... Does anyone doubt it? #
- Obama: military coercion is as important as diplomacy: threatens the world if it doesn't knuckle under: anti-Christ. http://bit.ly/crL7E1..... #
- "Odom said. "When that day comes, when I have to go to combat, I'll be ready and God will be on my side. That's all I have to know.'" Lies! #
- "...courted controversy by having this year's contestants pose in far more revealing lingerie than in previous pageants...." They do? Whoa. #
- Press TV-On the edge with Max Keiser-05-21-2010 (part1) http://ff.im/kPmLH..... #
- Renewable Energy Solution of the Month: Wind - Part 2 http://ff.im/kPmLJ..... #
- Press TV-Comment with George Galloway-05-20-2010 http://ff.im/kPmLI..... #
- Press TV-On the edge with Max Keiser-05-21-2010 (part2) http://ff.im/kPmLG..... #
- Press TV-On the edge with Max Keiser-05-21-2010 (part3) http://ff.im/kPwpm..... #
- Press TV-Iran Today-Jundallah Terrorist Organization in Iran-05-21-2010(Part1) http://ff.im/kPwpl..... #
- Tarpley: Dow down as Euro attack boomerangs http://ff.im/kPwpk..... #
- Growing up in Jerusalem. http://ff.im/kPIxA..... #
- @2012israel Whoever came up with the idea to message me with propaganda saying the Zionist Project is humanitarian toward Gaza is an idiot. in reply to 2012israel #
- @IsraelMFA Whoever came up with the idea to message me with propaganda saying the Zionist Project is humanitarian toward Gaza is an idiot. in reply to IsraelMFA #
- Rolf Lindgren commented on my link that Rand Paul is pretending to be a neocon until he gets elected. http://bit.ly/a5biAj..... - evil either way #
- "What in the World are They Spraying?" - Official Trailer http://ff.im/kRZ4C..... #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)