Tom Usher wrote or added | Message from Hasna Elmoumane:
To whom it may concern:
I, (insert your name) am writing this letter to you to express my concern for the safety of the 750 passengers from 50 various countries on board the 9 ships who are sailing towards Gaza today.
Israel have issued several threats indicating that they will stop this flotilla by force, and arrest everyone onboard. This is an extremely worrying development, and these threats to civilians has to be taken very seriously.
I am appealing to you to do all in your power to ensure the safety of these brave individuals, and for the 15,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid onboard.
The situation in Gaza is the greatest humanitarian disaster in our time, and it is not only my duty, but the duty of every person worldwide to play their part in making sure the illegal siege on Gaza is lifted.
1.5 million people have been suffering daily due to the effects of this Israeli imposed siege, and the time has come for the world to stand up and say, "Enough Is Enough".
Will you add your voice to this appeal, or will you sit idly by and allow Israel to not only attack and imprison this flotilla, but to continue the slow genocide of the Palestinian's in Gaza?
Awaiting your response,
(insert your name )
E mail addresses in groups of 50
UPDATE: May 29, 2010:
Sayyeda S Ja'fri: Tom - Gaza Tv tells us that the Israelis have threatened the Flotilla (which is presently in International waters) and have declared that they will stop it by any means necessary. What will it take to jolt the international community out of its apathetic, indifferent slumber???? May God protect the Flotilla and the Gazans from Israeli brutality once and for all... :(
It's happening now. Just believe it, and don't stop. That's your God's and my God's will.
The Israelis talk a great deal to test. They cannot afford to harm the people on the Flotilla. They can only stop the Flotilla and detain the people for a "reasonable" time while abusing none. They might try to harm some, but it won't go well for the Zionists. Then, they will try to drag their feet and make as many excuses as possible concerning the ships and boats and the goods bound for Gaza, but that also won't work in their favor.
Sayyeda, the Zionist Project is basically evil, and the whole world is come to realize it. The more they pick on peaceful people, the worse it will go for them. The days when they could act with impunity are already over, as well they should be.
We've had it. We're fed up. They know it. What's more, the tied of Jewish-American opinion is turning very quickly against the Likudniks. Those Zionists in Israel such as Avigdor Lieberman don't stand a chance in Hell (an Americanism meaning zero chance) without those Jewish-Americans (the majority of whom are actually very anti-racist and anti-ethnic-cleansing).
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)