- Twitter-Session Digest for: June 30, 2010 - Real Liberal Christian Church & Christian Commons Project http://bit.ly/a5oXIH..... #
- Gulf oil spill's mental toll [suicide] takes a solemn turn – Gulf Oil Spill – MiamiHerald.com - Real Liberal Christian http://bit.ly/a3fXrR..... #
- The link between BP, geoengineering, and GM – The Experiments – Real Liberal Christian Church http://bit.ly/9xK5em..... #
- Ellen Brown is one of the saner voice: "Who Will Pay: Wall Street or Main Street , The Tobin Tax or the VAT?" - RLCC http://bit.ly/dcLVxL..... #
- Italian PM: Israel "will probably react preemptively" on Iran [and then suffer the consequences of evil] | Raw Story http://bit.ly/aN6JXm..... #
- TORONTO G20 – THE SHAPE OF [EVIL] THINGS TO COME – Real Liberal Christian Church & Christian Commons Project http://bit.ly/9WbiE8..... #
- G20 Toronto Black Bloc green lighted by Plutocracy to rampage! - Real Liberal Christian Church & Christian Commons http://bit.ly/9lRLa0..... #
- G20 Black Bloc Video Still.jpg with commentary - Real Liberal Christian Church & Christian Commons Project http://bit.ly/cjonLw..... #
- Devils Brought This: BP Slick Covers Dolphins and Whales.mov - Real Liberal Christian Church & Christian Commons http://bit.ly/deNyxT..... #
- Op-Ed: Only Israel making the effort toward peace [such a lie] | Opinion | Jewish Journal - Real Liberal Christian http://bit.ly/dzkO4d..... #
- WHITE HOUSE: Dozens of U.S. Citizens on Assassination List http://ff.im/mYMkY..... #
- Obama appointee to manage BP's oil disaster fund said there isn't "enough money in the world" to pay all claims. Then all the people own BP! #
- Palestinian homes under threat http://ff.im/mZkBc..... #
- No right to freedom of assembly says 900+ arrests http://ff.im/mZkBb..... #
- The Arrows Next Time http://ff.im/mZkBe..... #
- Wachovia, Wells Fargo caught funding Mexican Drug Cartels - Bank of America also implicated http://ff.im/mZkBd..... #
- No-go zones along the perimeter fence in the Gaza Strip http://ff.im/mZqrJ..... #
- To Err is Human...to Forgive Divine http://ff.im/mZqrw..... #
- Day 1: Amazon to the Gulf http://ff.im/mZqri..... #
- Police Provocateurs revisited SPP-07 G20 2010? http://ff.im/mZqrK..... #
- Alex Jones: The Meaning of Life http://ff.im/mZqry..... #
- Ralph Nader Addresses Alex Jones http://ff.im/mZx8V..... #
- BP Gulf Oil Spill Devastation http://ff.im/n2ysm..... #
- BP Oil Spill Effect on Wildlife http://ff.im/n2ysp..... #
- Gold values: talk it up, what you hold becomes worth more (in most imaginations). It applies to anything. You still can't eat it though. #
- The Fundamental Rights Platform (FRP) of the EU's Human Rights Agency wouldn't know a fundamental right if it hit them in the head. #
- To the FRP: It is a fundamental right for someone to be able openly to say that same-sex "marriage" is an example of "degeneration." #
- The recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling against a campus "Christian" group means any minority group can be voted out of existence by opponents. #
- Dearborn Police: Defending Islam against the Constitution http://ff.im/n39WE..... #
- Oil industry water, ground, and air polluters are whining about the EPA following through on warnings they'd shut down dirty refineries. #
- They are whining that shutting down polluters won't be good for the economy, as it pollution is good for the economy. Fund green industries! #
- David Miller, Mayor of Toronto, Canada, is a huge liar! He knows the Toronto police facilitated the Black Bloc as a false-flag operation. #
- Toronto police stood by watching Black Bloc anarchists destroy property. The police then attacked these people instead: http://bit.ly/c84qnp..... #
- What happened in Toronto, Canada for the G8 & G20 was just as fascistic as anything that has happened in the US. The fascists compare notes. #
- "Independents swinging strongly toward GOP" Those who swing back & forth between failures deserve what they get. Try doing the right thing. #
- Suicide bombers kill 35 & wound 175 in Pakistan, but who were they? Who put them up to it? Why do Muslims bomb Muslims when the US is there? #
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt is ranked the top president in U.S. history. Act like it, Obama. Out do him on public jobs, training, & works. #
- When Russian spies get caught, they go to jail and court. When Israeli spies get caught nowadays, they go to Israel or get off scot-free. #
- "speaks poor English, looks nervous or is traveling in an overcrowded vehicle": grounds for "reasonable suspicion" in Arizona: racists. #
- Torontonians gather at police HQ to condemn abuses http://ff.im/n3Bez..... #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)