I'm glad to hear that others than myself have pointed this out. This is the first I've seen it outside my own writing:
Critics suggest that Amazons move was effectively a corporation acting to silence free speech, and that were it being logically and ethically consistent, Amazon would have to apply the same standard to most major news publications that have covered the sites revelations.
via Pentagon Papers leaker Daniel Ellsberg calls for boycott of Amazon.com :: www.uruknet.info :: informazione dal medio oriente :: information from middle east :: [vs-1].
It's interesting to me that I'm always in with the nameless "critics" rather than quoted by name. I certainly know why that is, and it's not because no one visits my site. My logs sayI do not reject it. otherwise. The government loves reading my stuff and trying to keep it from gaining attention (been deliberately censored for being politically incorrect on the "left" and the "right" so many times that I've lost count). Of course that's not the only reason.
I don't fit neatly onto the false spectrum of left/right or so-called statist versus so-called libertarian, and I've known about all of that since long before Alex Jones was a gleam in his father's eye, taking nothing away from Alex, even though his people canceled my user account on his forum.
I don't say all of this from a sense of ego or narcissism, far from it. I'm concerned about the truth and nothing but. I don't yearn to see my name in mundane lights. I don't want to be that kind of "star." I yearn for the truth to be everywhere all the time.
Just calling people "critics" so that names don't have to be named though is an attempt to cover the light. It is a diminishing. It is a censoring. It is a method of borrowing, even stealing, without others being readily able to go to the source, so that that source will not be as fruitious because the powers that be do not want the Christian Commons for it is the exact opposite of everything wrong they are doing out of their utter selfishness and irresponsibility and lack of accountability and lack of all the rest of the good.
The Christian Commons is giving and sharing all with all who believe and taking care of the poor and downtrodden. The Christian Commons is peace that is non-violent. Â The Christian Commons is sexual wholesomeness. These three things do not fit together in the eyes of the right or the left of the false spectrum. Hence, those who believe and agree with all three are in an extreme minority. However, Jesus rightly said, "Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
When that happens, when the truth is everywhere all the time, what more will there be for me? The truth includes that I'm completely healed. Who could ask for or want anything more? There isn't anything more than that. That is my name in lights, but it's everybody's name in lights. It's credit where credit is due.
In the beginning was the word. The word is the name. The name is the light. The light is truth and life everlasting. In the beginning was God, and Jesus was with God in the beginning.
Beyond all human "scientific knowledge and understanding," Jesus was sent by God to tell us and to save us from ourselves and each other so that we will save one another and ourselves.
There are those who refuse to believe anything beyond the results of mundane experiments. There is no word (as I have described it above) for them. They reject it. So be it, for them. I do not reject it.
I have asked and been answered, though I still ask and still wait.
I have sought and been shown the way and found it, though I'm still learning the walk.
I have knocked and the door has opened, though one can walk out without knowing it until finding oneself outside. Be vigilant. Watch. Do.
I have personally experienced things that do not fit at all with the God-deniers' visionlessness.
I will not revert to my old walk. I am new. I have return to before.
I repent and will repent again and again and again as I learn the refinements and for as long as it takes!
Do it, so help you God.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)