- Twitter Digest: January 31, 2011 http://j.mp/gj8VdI..... via @AddToAny #
- 9/11/01: Eyewitness - As The Bombs Were Going....I Sat And Watched A Few Of Them Explode http://ff.im/xb5Gl..... #
- Birgitta JÃ³nsdÃ³ttir: Icelandic Foreign Affairs Minister responds to protests in Egypt http://t.co/kq1LD6a..... #
- Ken O'Keefe's Global Revolution Tribute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....i_DtIG404s My comment: There is zero proof... http://ff.im/xepzJ..... #
- ...notice. By the way, I am an outspoken 9/11 Truther and anti-Zionist. re: http://ff.im/xepzJ..... #
- UN World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Secretary-General Michel Jarraud: "The 10 warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998." #
- Without Big Oil, Coal, and Gas and without deforestation and huge cattle herds, 2010 wouldn't have ranked as the warmest year. #
- RT @maxblumenthal Is the Palestinian Authority cracking down on Egypt solidarity demonstrations? http://bit.ly/fbDpGJ..... #
- Maan News Agency: Palestinian Police ban Egypt solidarity rally in Ramallah, Palestine http://j.mp/e1N09u..... via @AddToAny #
- Maan News Agency: Palestinian media mum on Egypt protests. [They've been beaten down more than their critics.] http://j.mp/fv3nse..... #
- Jordan's king sacks cabinet - Middle East - Al Jazeera English. "Same old, same old." http://t.co/raImhc6..... via @AddThis #
- Mike Huckabee, those fascist, land-thieving Pharisees you're supporting kept yelling for the Romans to crucify your Lord until it happened. #
- Zionists: Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), Bill Nelson (D-FL), Ben Cardin (D-MD), Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) Bob Casey (D-PA) #
- Senators whine only for Israel. What about the poorest nations? Heartless jerks, try our close neighbor Haiti (for one). http://t.co/MWkK3GQ..... #
- Haiti agrees to issue Jean-Bertrand Aristide a diplomatic passport. It's about time., and that's President Aristide to you, Bub: George W. #
- Obama said, "it is not the role of any other country to determine Egypt's leaders." Now, Iraq's, Afghanistan's, Iran's, North Korea's, H... #
- Hosni Mubarak is extremely self-centered & egotistical. He presided over a torture/death machine, even serving CIA extraordinary renditions. #
- Asking the Egyptian people to suffer one more day of Hosni Mubarak's rule (which he's lost) is the sign of a very weak-minded US president. #
- Hosni Mubarak needs to move right now to London or Paris if they'll have him. I think they'll let him spend Egypt's money there, don't you? #
- Arizona's presidential citizenship bill worries AZ Secretary of State Ken Bennett http://t.co/isNgTlK..... #
- If Arizona wants Obama to produce his Birth Certificate & proof of citizenship or not be on the ballot, they need to word their bill better. #
- http://twitter.com/#.....!/speak2tweet needs voice/language to text/translation recognition. @speak2tweet #
- The world can tweet by leaving voicemail http://googleblog.blogspot.com.....fully.html
- The world can tweet by leaving voicemail http://googleblog.blogspot.com.....fully.html # #
- RT @hughashton: "@TomUsher Haiti doesn't buy Senators. Israel does." So, if the Senators have sold their souls, what's Israel? #
- "Egypt - Evidence of torture and repression by MubarakÂ´s Police," by MarÃa Luisa Rivera, Wikileaks, 28 January 2011. #
- ElBaradei, the Egyptian Revolution is a class struggle with workers on general strike. http://bit.ly/gjgDHO..... # #
- What are international unions doing for the striking people of Egypt? Are they in solidarity with them? Will they help control the elites? #
- To think Tony Blair once showed promise. #
- Egyptians vow to oust Mubarak http://ff.im/xfkmF..... #
- There're Spies: Be Against Al Jazeera/Freedom of Speech, For Mubarak in Egypt? http://j.mp/faQncm..... via @AddToAny #
- "The crisis was neither the beginning of a depression nor the end of capitalism." — Martin Wolf, FT. Martin, we are still in a depression. #
- The Bambi Syndrome: Facebook's Credibility Score is Very Bad for Activism http://j.mp/hv9BgT..... via @AddToAny #
- US Sees Writing on the Wall for Mubarak as Egyptians Begin Massive March | AlterNet http://bit.ly/eQWAjN..... [I agree with AlterNet on this.] #
- Taiji Why? — Follow the Money... http://ff.im/xhBeR..... #
- Washington State Joins Movement For Public Banking by Ellen Brown http://t.co/YuHRfyQ..... via @AddThis #
- Watch Ellen Brown interview on Vimeo! http://vimeo.com/19111135..... United States Notes too! Then, on to moneyless. #
- Plymouth Plantation members couldn't give of themselves enough, so communism is bad? Tell it to the Hutterites, who were never as selfish. #
- Doing away with the porno part of scanning doesn't get rid of the radiation or the unconstitutionality. #
- "I really consider President and Mrs. Mubarak to be friends of my family" — Hillary Clinton. Friends don't let friends dictate. #
- WikiLeaks: A Litmus Test That All Too Many Fail #
- Wickard v. Filburn: under a too-broad interpretation of the Commerce Clause, the US can stop you from growing your food on your property. #
- Suppose you create huge economic growth & reduce unemployment but cause even the richest & the employed all to become sick due to pollution. #
- Suppose we create economic growth & eliminate unemployment without causing diseases via pollution. Is that too smart for "libertarians"? #
- Robert Reich, "The President Ignored the Elephant in the Room" http://j.mp/ftoJji..... via @AddToAny #
- If there is massive revolutionary violence in Egypt, I will hold Barack Obama personally responsible. He's backing Mubarak, the dictator. #
- AlArabiya is reporting, "Pro Mubarak supporters control Tahrir square." ##
- "'Suddenly, rocks started falling out of the sky,' said Ismail...." #http://bit.ly/guhEOi..... [This is Obama's fault for not standing up.] #
- The Egyptian military isn't protecting protesters from Mubarak thugs because Obama/Clinton sent the clear signal that Mubarak could stay on. #
- Voices of the Egyptian Revolution: Democracy Now!'s Sharif Abdel Kouddous Speaks with Demonstrators in Tahrir Square http://j.mp/eQE7uB..... #
- Digital Darkness: U.S., U.K. Companies Help Egyptian Regime Shut Down Telecommunications and Identify Dissident Voices http://t.co/kALVlkS..... #
- 1 in 6 residents of Philadelphia have undergone unconstitutional "Stop, Question, and Frisk" — no probable cause, no reasonable suspicion. #
- Buy a ticket without agreeing to be searched. When was a bus blown up in the US? Never! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....EiMvu6svgw #
- US Federal Government's "Visible Intermodal Protection and Response" (VIPER): The serpent, the Old Dragon (aka the Devil) #
- Without reasonable suspicion and probable cause, such measures are unethical & unconstitutional: #
- US student bypasses Egypt's web blackout http://ff.im/xj80e..... #
- Fwd: RT @HalaGorani: Rapid bursts of automatic gunfire crackling, coming from Tahrir Sq. Our producer reports many... http://ff.im/xj8nU..... #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)