- Twitter Digest: February 5, 2011 http://j.mp/i2xf7C..... via @AddToAny #
- Egypt will follow Turkey not Iran if the West acts quickly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....DtovwuKr00 http://ff.im/xqF5K..... #
- A Must Watch: Kafkaesque is US http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....b_0h2IxOqc http://ff.im/xqHgx..... #
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....FAZGqC5SeI Yves Smith: Reaganomics Was Not Free Market http://ff.im/xqIl2..... #
- Reagan Celebration Hides Brutal History http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....05a5vAKpQE http://ff.im/xqL4j..... #
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....9Zj9yx2j0Y "The vile person shall be no more called liberal...." (Isaiah 32:5) http://ff.im/xtzSB..... #
- My Take on a Video Interview with Ken O'Keefe: Zionism, Israel, Palestine, Gaza, Marines, Life http://j.mp/hg4RVQ..... via @AddToAny #
- @WikiLeaks # #Egypt: US 'consistently skeptical' of Suleiman's depicting Brotherhood as bogey man http://bit.ly/ediF2J..... #
- I'd rather smell like a bag lady w/ stinky socks falling down than having been for Bush's trumped-up, illegal invasion & occupation of Iraq. #
- Frequent Falsehoods about WikiLeaks Debunked http://wlcentral.org/frequent-.....falsehoods # #
- http://ff.im/xuotH..... # Judge Covered Up Video Of SIX Cops Kicking and Punching Unarmed Teen!
- Reaganomics Sucked Wealth Up, Did Not Trickle It Down http://ff.im/xuqyx..... #
- Look, if we are going to have any taxes at all, then SOAK THE RICH! Hose THEM w/ taxes. It's never hurt a society yet. http://bit.ly/ghLc6f..... #
- Arianna Huffington to sell Huffington Post to America Online (AOL). HuffPo has 6,000+ bloggers writing for free. It will go MSM/Corporatist. #
- 2009: China: $98.8 B Defense, 2.0% GDP. US: $663.3, 4.3%. Cut US to % of China = $380.9 savings, 0 austerity, 0 depression. Soak the Rich. #
- http://bit.ly/fxbDpP..... Countries by military expenditures. The US is insane. US 2009 GDP: $14.12 Trillion. Cut the Military & Soak the Rich. #
- 58% want at least some changes to Obamacare - similar % who wanted single-payer before the corporatists' latest false-propaganda campaign. #
- Barack Obama & Eric Holder, why haven't you arrested G. W. Bush for ordering torture? Go after those who commit war crimes, not expose them. #
- I'm told that "conservatives" are upset again that Obama doesn't wear a tie in the oval office. I don't even have a tie. #
- I was thinking today that the Iranian tieless-with-suit-coat look is so much more sensible. #
- Ties can cut off the flow of blood to the brain and are stupid, functionless add-ons. #
- How does the Groasis waterboxx work? http://ff.im/xx9T7..... #
- If rebuking Mubarak is turning on a longtime US friend, then Mike Huckabee doesn't know what it means to be Christian and a real friend. #
- If I had no other choices but to live under the Koch Brothers' ideology or George Soros', I'd pick Soros'. There're other choices though. #
- Do the Dixiepubs think slave-plantation owners were libertarians? Liberty for whom? Liberty for those with a "right" to enslave others. #
- Marcy Winograd, go for it. #
- Zionism took a back seat this time: Neocon Bill Kristol sounds vastly more Jeffersonian than do Glenn Beck Beckers. http://bit.ly/h5fVIw..... #
- Forbid the Egyptian people letting Israel and the US choose the torturer/murderer Suleiman as their next leader. Suleiman must go too. #
- @WikiLeaks # : Israel's secret hotline to torturer/murderer Omar Suleiman of # http://t.co/L3il28f..... via @Telegraph #
- @veteranstoday: @WikiLeaks, @JulianAssange_ = Mossad. Truth: Julian leaked # Israel secret hotline to torturer Suleiman. # #
- #http://t.co/qaFVXEE..... # , stand. # : Russian Mafia, money laundering, blood diamonds, weapons deals, illegal organ trafficking,...
- Political Economy: Israel's Occupation, 7 parts: http://bit.ly/gOC0sU..... @therealnews Pt 1: # 2nd to US in wealth inequality. Oligarchy #
- THE BOYCOTT ISRAEL MOVEMENT http://ff.im/xxCy1..... #
- RT @aicnews: # Success: First Ever Knesset Discussion on Combating Cultural # of # http://tinyurl.com/4rl4k2q..... #
- If rushing to give Egyptians at every level a say is destabilizing, then liberation of concentration camps came too soon; but they didn't. #
- ElBaradei: Egypt protests could get "more vicious." He's right; and if it does, it will largely be Obama's and Hillary Clinton's fault. #
- How long will it take before the world catches up with the meme that money creation does not have to be a result of debt/interest creation? #
- When we say that money can be created interest- debt- and tax-free, why don't people jump for joy? Why don't they pounce on the idea? #
- The world is under the evil spell of banking dynasties. Wake up! Snap out of it. United States Notes NOW! Nationalize the Fed. It's easy. #
- Do you like paying interest, having to borrow rather than making enough for all you need, paying taxes to banksters, and inflation? Come on. #
- Obama's now sucking up to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce with promises of corporate tax cuts because he's been too soft all along. Bad choice! #
- @birgittaj I think the fact that I didn't stop following you myself but discovered it changed is reason to wonder whether anyone is hacking. #
- RT @palestine: AJELive: RT @ @Ghonim's emotional interview after release, a landmark moment in # http://bit.ly/evth2C..... #
- @TimBurt , you wrote, "ban Muslim Brotherhood, demand freedom of religion." How about convincing people not to vote for them on the merits? #
- FB RT: Alice Bach @Laurie King. Just what we were talking about. "Vermont towns vote to arrest Bush and Cheney" http://t.co/FUUiDw7..... #
- FB RT: James Hillman: "I think we're miserable partly because we have only one god, and that's economics." #
- RT @avinunu: BREAKING: France supports King George III to lead post-revolutionary transition in American Colonies. #
- Tunisian dictatorial regime seeks emergency powers against Pro-Democracy Movement: http://bit.ly/eWcaXW..... #
- Radicalize, America. #
- George Bush issued travel warning by human rights organisations.
Vulnerable to 'torture' prosecution. http://gu.com/p/2nvqm/tw..... #
- "Iran bans foreign cooking on state TV"? They think they're the example for Egypt, et al.? Petty nationalist, I like foreign cooking. #
- RT @AlArabiya_Eng: Christians protect praying Muslims in Egypt while Muslims burn churches in Indonesia. http://www.alarabiya.net/engli.....sh #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)