- Twitter Digest: February 8, 2011 http://j.mp/eeD8Jl..... via @AddToAny #
- The road to Hell is paved with unconscionableness. #
- Assange on Swedish prosecutor: "She has refused to come to these hearings." Why is that? #
- Weighing in on Planned Parenthood & Lila Rose: The video is damning but is not precisely representative of everyone at Planned Parenthood. #
- Article by Eileen Fleming: "Yes We Can; Yes We Must Abolish Nuclear Weapons NOW" http://j.mp/g3Uf1V..... via @AddToAny #
- Mordechai Vanunu, FREEDOM OF SPEECH, MAY 23, 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....TsimUZDtNM He is a Christian; so... http://ff.im/xBmyH..... #
- Al-Awda Condemns Betrayal By Unelected Palestinian Leadership http://al-awda.org/alert-betra.....yal.html #
- Child sex-slaves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....lpjTc8iJqo http://ff.im/xBDXm..... #
- Court Unseals ACLU and EFF's Motions on Behalf of Twitter User Birgitta Jonsdottir http://bit.ly/hRE7hI..... #
- 18 USC 2703(d) requires prosecutors give a judge "specific and articulable facts" info sought is relevant & material to an investigation. #
- Reagan's Recession http://pewresearch.org/pubs/18.....y-negative The more things change... #
- The Skoll World Forum: Uncommon Heroes http://ff.im/xC5kt..... #
- Gaiman on Copyright Piracy and the Web http://ff.im/xC5ku..... #
- @WikiLeaks # : # & # making sweet love over torture table http://t.co/KQ81m5k..... via @antloewenstein #
- "68% Believe Government and Big Business Work Together Against The Rest of Us" Who out numbers whom? #
- Socialism in the 21st Century: What is it? http://www.socialism.org.uk/so.....ro2006.htm #
- #http://t.co/1jg1t6h..... # must hate facts being shared, not that # was "good." Hitler's Armed Forces: Triumph for Diversity
- 24 orgs call #http://t.co/uz712jx..... # 's AG to try Min. of Info. Anas al-Fiqqi for inciting violence leading to death...
- ## "VP holds firm, says only alternative to dialogue is 'coup'." Then have one, and then dialogue without the criminal dictators.
- "Egypt can crush uprising like Iran, says Netanyahu." Ben, then the colonels should all revolt & peacefully put down the dictatorship. #
- On Sherine / Shireen Abdel Wahab, better late than never? If it's genuine, be glad. Not everyone knows the revolutionaries won't hang. #
- ## : Constitution, Article 93: "People's Assembly...only authority to judge the validity of its membership," & to hell with the people.
- http://bit.ly/eq2olO..... # : The National Lawyers Guild and over 50 organizations and individuals have writte... (cont) #
- Some lawyers appear to have the real law written on their hearts.: National Lawyers Guild NYC Chapter Condemn... (cont) #
- Ghassan Salame, dean Graduate School Intnl Affairs, Paris Institute Pol. Studies: Time has passed "Islamists" by. http://tinyurl.com/6828y87..... #
- RT @guardiannews: Egypt's army 'involved in detentions and torture' http://bit.ly/gQrZDV..... NOT good. The military needs to revolt. It's $'s. #
- RT @MaanNewsAgency: Hamas: former Egyptian Minister of Interior Habib Al-Adili tied to church bombing http://bit.ly/gPy7MA..... # #Egypt #
- "Uprising has revealed the real Egypt" both good and bad. The youth are too many for dictators & Muslim hardliners. http://bit.ly/gXzGiV..... #
- ## : Prosecution investigates former Interior Minister's (Habib El-Adly) alleged involvement in church attack
- This is where huge international pressure can be exerted: RT @labornotes: Labor Notes interviews Egyptian union leader. http://bit.ly/h7yMU4..... #
- @3arabawy # "I hate those who say social media "gave voice" to the Egyptian people." But social media has allowed me to hear & spread. #
- RT @TheTruthNetwork: [#Egypt # #Tahrir]
Facebook and Twitter r no different than a mic. If u don't hav... (cont) #
- The world needs a global general strike to bring down the plutocracy. Plutocrats are THE problem. The Obamas & Clintons are budding members. #
- WikiLeaks: #http://bit.ly/ggNtrS..... # #Egypt 'torturers' trained by FBI
- @RichardGosling "Please read Isaiah ch.19. The living word! # #Jan25 # quot; I've read Isaiah. Your point? #
- "What if the Problem in Egypt Really is the People?" That article (link below) deliberately ignores the rat... (cont) #
- FB RT: Kevin Zeese: "This is the best analysis of the Egyptian Revolution I've seen.... Thoroughly excellent. " Agreed. http://bit.ly/hfBoj5..... #
- http://bit.ly/h0ykX0..... "The Great Tragedy is Obama Chose Not to Hold Out His Hand": Robert Fisk. That's exactly right. #
- Barack Obama, stop being a lackey coward. Go to Tahrir Square. Announce there that the dictatorial regime is over and liberation is at hand. #
- Robert Fisk is being overly pessimistic. He's underestimating the power of the spreading of the culture of fairness, justice, and honesty. #
- International unions, socialist parties, & world religions, back & supply the people in Tahrir Square or sharia will rise. ##
- Trotskyites have no monopoly on world revolution. Have you ever heard of an anti-war Trotskyite? Are there pacifist Trotskyites? Oxymorons! #
- The greatest enemy of democracy is laissez-faire capitalism, which is lawlessness. #
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....up4PBH2_y8 Once he warms up, the video is quite informative & insightful. # http://ff.im/xGAuQ..... #
- If Obama tells Mubarak to go because the US backs the democratic movement, Obama doesn't lose Egypt, he gains it, as Egypt is its people. #
- @UnitedUniverse "@TomUsher govs don't care abt other countries' ppl, but abt their resources." # #Jan25 Down with them! New government! #
- @RichardGosling To get to Isaiah 19, there's a long way to go. As you know, Islam's Allah is not understood by Muslims as Jesus' Father God. #
- Israel's Latest War Crime Feb 9, 2011- EU/USA Complicity Knows No Limit - video by Ken O'Keefe http://ff.im/xGZ9Y..... #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)