- "Food Policy We Can't Believe In" # [That's an apt title, and it's time progressives dump the Obamas.]
- Twitter Digest: February 10, 2011 http://j.mp/giOg7g..... via @AddToAny #
- Financial Crashes and What to Do About It All: Capitalism v. Democratic Socialism http://j.mp/ibqiH6..... via @AddToAny #
- It's too bad the NYT isn't consistent. They need to tell the CIA to bug off. "Mr. Suleiman's Empty Promises" http://nyti.ms/h3mNaZ..... # #
- RT @TwiddleEastNews: US masses buy official propaganda much more easily than Egyptian masses. #
- RT @cynthiaboaz: Last move of a desperate despot: try to own the uprising with nationalist rhetoric and blam... (cont) #
- [Hogwash! G.W. Bush was covering for fascism/oil & not well.] RT @nprpolitics: Egypt Shows George W. Bush Was Right http://n.pr/i0Ktkn..... #
- RT @MaanNewsAgency: Dissident proposes national unity government in # http://bit.ly/dIHc3D..... # doesn't get enough credit. #
- Mubarak is insane. He stomps on people then lauds them. His cronies are all crazy criminals & must all go from power immediately. ##
- He needed to say step down now to all Mubarak cronies. RT @ayakhalil: "@Port_Sa3eedy: Full Obama Statement # http://bit.ly/hUOGoC....." #
- http://ff.im/xL9PT..... # Zbigniew Brzezinski doesn't know who the good guys are? The people who...
- The most recent significant change is labor stepping up in Egypt. Now there must be solidarity strikes around the planet, including the US. #
- Political parties around the world must jump on the bandwagon for a global general strike bringing down the plutocracy, starting w/ Mubarak. #
- FB RT: David Swanson: Egypt was in state of emergency for 30 yrs. In US it's only been 10. Everybody seems willing to take another 20. #
- Mubarak: "I will not accept foreign intervention." You don't have choice. Egyptians want the world to tell you to go in no uncertain terms. #
- Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood has stated openly that it will accept a secular Egypt if that's what the majority of Egyptians want. #
- It's more complicated than that. #
- How hard would it be to back Egyptian democracy, Mr President? simple enough choice between liberty and tyranny http://gu.com/p/2n2ta/tw..... #
- Rick Santorum: "what message are we sending ... when things get tough we walk away." That's idiotic, Rick. The message is, freedom or doom. #
- This article is wrong. If the US had said nothing, Mubarak would have ordered killings until the fascists won. http://bit.ly/hfHQWc..... # #
- RT @cynthiaboaz: If u hate terrorism, support Egypt uprising. as nonviolent action succeeds, de-legitimizes violence for change. #
- Worldwide, non-violent, permanent revolution until the Plutocracy is gone is the way to go. What we can't have is dictatorship by anyone. #
- Social political protest sweeping Arab countries Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen ,Sudan, Algeria, Jordan, have reached Iraq. http://bit.ly/g0dpHb..... #
- http://ff.im/xLpRl..... # Hosni Mubarak's speech in English. He's way too late!
- http://ff.im/xLu0E..... # Army officer joins Egypt protests, but how many and how high ranking?
- Re: Bill O'Reilly's Obama interview: Obama's wrong people don't know him by his fruit. O'Reilly's afraid Mubarak may expose renditions? Sick #
- "The Apostate, Paul Haggis vs. the Church of Scientology" has interesting parts. L. Ron Hubbard was a major liar. http://nyr.kr/dUEj67..... #
- Banksters 30 x likelier to sell, not buy, bank's stock - value 100 x buying. It's due to "perverse incentives. " http://bit.ly/fP7PUk..... #
- Tea Party base ignorant. Wants Roosevelt Recession (cause: deficit hawks). Return to New Deal dropped unemployment. http://bit.ly/gryKo9..... #
- Egypt's colonels may have to takeover. Transfer of power was due to fear of it & socialism. Military, hold free & fair elections in 90 days! #
- The US remains extremely afraid the Egyptian Revolution will obtain too much support & hugely invigorate the Global Socialist Movement. #
- You will see that this event in ## is not just about Arabs. The Revolution is Global. It's not just about Muslims. It's about everyone.
- ## was forced to cede right now. It's Friday. "Powers that be" (US) knew it would allow the whole weekend for news coverage of #
- ## Don't let military generals whittle down proper redress of grievances. Don't let up until there's freedom: Speech, press, religion...
- alternet.org needs XXX ratings on some postings — some are totally sleazy! "The vile person shall no longer be called liberal." Bring it! #
- Mohamed ElBaradei, you're wrong the people should wait a year w/ a transitional government. They need/deserve elections in 90 days or less. #
- Ayman Nour is wrong. The longer the time to free & fair elections, the worse the outcome. ## , don't wait for the Empire to regroup!
- RT @3arabawy: Yesterday, we were all Tunisians. Today we are all Egyptians. Tomorrow we will all b: Syrians? Yemenis? [... Human beings] #
- Ali Abdel Wahab is right. ## 's military needs to share power with all the people now. Military's job: Keep peace & involve everyone.
- Romney's new campaign slogan: "Believe in America." I believe in God, Mitt. When America is truly righteous, not like you, it will be one. #
- Assange Extradition: The Saga Continues ~ Presstorm AddThis # via @
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)